About the organiser
Established in 2008, Mohammad Abdul Bari Institute of Juridical Science (MABIJS), Maniknagar is a leading Private Un-Aided college based in Murshidabad. The college is popularly known as, MABIJS among the students. This institute offers a wide array of academic courses and programs that are approved by BCI. The college, affiliated to the University of Kalyani.
About the essay competition
In an effort of improving the creation and dissemination of research evidence, MAB INSTITUTE OF JURIDICAL SCIENCE is organizing 2nd MABIJS International Essay Competition 2020 to advocate the views of intellects on varied aspects of day-to-day life. While pursuing our goals, we commit to partnering with the most public so as to ensure their best interests
The objective of this competition is to encourage students across various states in India, through a quality competition, to develop original and creative thinking on some of the important contemporary social issues.
Any student pursuing an undergraduate, postgraduate or professional course in any recognized University/College/Institution are eligible to participate in the Competition.
Submissions that deal with any aspect of Legal, Social & Economic Issues will be considered.
- 1st Place: INR 2000 + Medal + Certificate (Hard Copy) + One free Publication on ISSN approved journal.
- 2nd Place: INR 1500 + Medal + Certificate (Hard Copy) + One free Publication on ISSN approved journal.
- 3rd Place: INR 1000 + Medal + Certificate (Hard Copy) + One free Publication on ISSN approved journal.
- 4th Place: Medal + Certificate (Hard Copy) + One free Publication on ISSN approved journal.
- 5th Place: Medal + Certificate (Hard Copy) + One free Publication on ISSN approved journal.
How to Submit
The essays to be sent by email to the subject ‘Submission For 2nd MABIJS International Essay Writing Competition 2020’.
The body of the e-mail should specify the name(s) of the author(s). The essay may be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
The participants are required to send the following details in a separate word document attached to the e-mail:
- Theme Chosen
- Title of the Essay
- Name(s) of the Author(s)
- College/Institute/University of Author(s)
- Programme Enrolled & Year of Study of Author(s)
- E-mail address & Contact No. of Author(s)
- The essays must be submitted in English only.
- The essays must be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- The essays published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- The name(s) of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere in the essay.
- The word limit for the essay is 2000 – 4000 words, not including footnotes.
- The essays should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5.
- Every citation must follow the ILI style. The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be justified.
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- Co-authorship by a maximum of two persons is permitted.
HOW TO REGISTER?
The registration fee for Indians
- Single Author: Rs. 350/-
- Co-Author: Rs. 600/-
For International Participants
- Single Author: $10
- Co-Author: $15
Google Pay: 8001324635
Please take a screenshot after payment and upload it on the registration form.
Fill out the online form HERE.
- Last date of registration: 23rd February
- Last date of receiving the submission of blogs through E-mail: 3rd March 2020.
- Declaration of results: 10th March 2020
- Dispatch of Prizes & certificates: 17th March 2020
- MdShaklainMostaque: 8436488805
- Mr. MainuddinMondal: 8926705549
Faculty Convenor: Teacher-in-Charge: 07479023268
Or Mail us at essay.mabijs[at]gmail.com