The Indian Institute of Population Sciences, Mumbai invites applications from meritorious candidates for M.A. in Population Studies for the academic session 2020-21.
The International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai has started the need-based distance course with the recommendation of UGC in the field of population data analysis and inter-relationship between population and development namely; M.A. in Population Studies. The deadline for submission of application for this course for academic session 2020-2022 (2nd Batch) is July 31, 2020.
- Admission to this course is open to all those with a Bachelor’s degree in any social science subject/Health/Maths/ Stats or any similar degree recognized by Indian/ Foreign universities with 50 percentage marks for general candidates and 45 percent marks for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and PWD category.
- Candidates having a master’s degree and also those who are having work experience will be given due weightage.
- The cut-off percentage can further be reduced by the admission committee for candidates with any additional qualifications.
- Reservation criteria will be followed as per the Government of India norms.
- After successfully completing all academic requirements given in the guidelines, the registered distance learner will be awarded a degree of “M.A. Population Studies” irrespective of any discipline he/she comes from the graduate level.
There are 100 seats available for admission to this course. However, the Institute reserves the right to decide a number of students to be enrolled in each academic session depending upon the number of applications received.
This course can be completed in a minimum period of two years to a maximum period of four years. In case if the candidate is not able to complete the course in a given time period, he/she can avail of a one-year extension after paying 50% of the course fee.
Maximum two such subsequent extensions will be permitted to complete the course. If the candidate fails in completing all the formalities even after availing two continuous, he/she will not be eligible for degree and his/her registration will automatically stand canceled without any intimation. The terms and conditions for completing the academic formalities of the course may change after the revision of the course curriculum.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The application should be sent by Speed Post/Registered Post to Head, Department of Extra Mural Studies, International Institute for Population Sciences, (IIPS), Govandi Station Road, Opp. Sanjona Chamber, Deonar, Mumbai-400 088, Maharashtra-India, so as to reach on or before July 31st, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-22-42372428
For further details, click here.