The MA (Economics) programme is being launched in IIFT to impart advanced knowledge in economics.
Minimum qualification for admission to the MA (Economics- Specialisation in Trade & Finance) programme include BA/BSc in Economics with at least 50% per cent marks. The applicant must have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level. Those with other BA/BSc Degrees must have at least one major each in Mathematics and Economics with 55 per cent marks in the aggregate. [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person with Disability (PWD) categories].
Pattern of Admission Test:
- An Objective Aptitude Test (based on Basic Mathematics and Statistics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, International Economics, Public Finance, etc., the syllabus of which will be of undergraduate level Economics Programme] and
- A Descriptive Test to judge analytical and writing skill of candidates on contemporary economic issues.
Mode of Admission:
A two-stage process is proposed to be followed for admission to the MA (Economics- Specialisation in Trade & Finance) Programme.
- Stage-I: Eligible candidates will be called for the Written Entrance Test to be held at IIFT Delhi & Kolkata Campuses.
- Stage-II: Candidates who would qualify in the Entrance Test will subsequently appear at the Institute in New Delhi for Personal Interview.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online.
- For General/ OBC (NCL) Category: INR 1,550
- For SC/ST/PWD Category: INR 775
Application Deadline: April 30, 2018.
For further details on the same, click here.