IIT Mandi invites applications from interested candidates for admission to the two-year M.A. in Development Studies program starting from August 2020.
- Multi-disciplinary approach, foregrounding issues and challenges of development in the Himalayan region.
- A combination of rigorous and relevant courses with exposure to real-world development challenges.
- Understanding the basic scientific and technological underpinnings of developmental challenges and their existing solutions.
- A mandatory field study component for understanding the laboratory of Development Studies.
- Participatory research through components of dissertation/guided
- Ability to communicate results to a range of stakeholders, including academia, professionals in policymaking and implementation, local communities, etc.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. B.A./B.Com/B.Sc. in Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, History, Political Sciences, Public Policy, Environmental Science or equivalent discipline; or B.Tech. /B.E. or equivalent) from a recognized University.
- Candidates should have secured at least 55% marks (or 6.0 CGPA on a scale 10) in their qualifying examination to apply for admission to the program. Relaxation of marks/grades, as per institute rules, is available to candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- Applicants awaiting final results in the qualifying exam with results awaited are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection will be contingent on the production of final mark/grade sheet satisfying minimum marks,
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The list of all shortlisted candidates will be notified on the IIT Mandi website.
- No separate letter/email communication will be sent individually.
- Candidates shall make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation to attend the written test and interview.
- No TA/DA will be provided by the institute.
In normal times, shortlisted candidates appear for a written test followed by an interview. Due to COVID-19, there are several uncertainties, particularly with regard to travel. If there are any changes in the mode of selection, the shortlisted candidates will be communicated at the time of shortlisting.
- Starting date for filling online application: 20th April 2020
- Last date for submitting online application: 15th May 2020
- Date of written test and interview: will be announced
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in M.A. (Development Studies) at IIT Hyderabad: Apply by May 1.