Department of Data Science and Analytics, Central University of Rajasthan invites applications for M.Sc. CS (Big Data Analytics).
M.Sc. CS (Big Data Analytics) is offered as 4-semester PG programme in the department of Data Science and Analytics, School of Mathematics, Statistics & Computational Science in collaboration with the IT behemoth TCS (Tata Consultancy Services).
The course is specially designed jointly by CUraj and TCS to prepare the students to have a firm foundation on analytical techniques of Big Data as well as to be ready for the industry. The course structure contains an intelligent blending of Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Humanities courses. In the last semester, eligible students are required to do internship in any of the TCS offices across the country.
The core courses will be spread over four major disciplines:
- Computer Science: Python, R, Java, DBMS, Machine Learning, Foundation of Data Science, Data Mining, Enabling Technologies for Data Science like Hadoop, Map Reduce, HIVE, PIG, SQOOP, Cloud Computing, Software engineering
- Statistics: Probability Distributions, Statistical Methods, Hypothesis testing, Statistical modelling, Estimation theory, Time Series and Forecasting, Multivariate Statistics.
- Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Optimization techniques, Combinatorial optimization
- Humanities: Professional Communication, Value Thinking, Finance and Econometrics
Curriculum design is industry relevant enabling ample placement opportunities. On successful completion, the candidate will be ready to embark on a flourishing career in leading organizations, including Indian IT bellwether TCS , for students who meet eligibility criteria prescribed by TCS. Candidate can also pursue higher education in any of the reputed organizations.
Who can apply
Following Students and professionals who are interested in studying Big Data Analytics and having a bachelor’s degree from recognized Universities with minimum score of 50% for general category and minimum 45% for reserved categories are eligible:
- B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the subjects. (Programming knowledge is desirable.)
- B.E./ B.Tech in Computer Science/Information Technology or related streams.
Two-year programme spread over Four Semesters. Last semester will be internship based only.
How to apply
The Admission to this course is through the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET-2019)
Online applications are available here on Noticebard or at the official CUCET website link given here.
The Entrance Test will be MCQ type with 100 questions divided into two parts:
Section A: Aptitude Test
Section B: Subject Related Questions with majority of them from Computer Science followed by Mathematics and Statistics
Entrance Test Date
25th MAY, 2019 (12.00-2.00 PM)
Dr. Manas Patra, Head of the Department, Dept. of Data Science and Analytics, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. S.K. Chaudhary, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Data Science and Analytics,
Mr. Vikas Kumar, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Data Science and Analytics,