BITS Pilani K K Birla Goa campus, in collaboration with IHE Delft, Netherlands, invites applications for the M.E Programme in ‘Sanitation Science Technology and Management’.
About the Programme:
It is a Four semester Master of Engineering (M.E) programme in Sanitation Science Technology and Management.
BITS Pilani K K Birla Goa campus has competency in the area of Sanitation and Wastewater treatment. Department of Biological Sciences has been discussing to introduce a master’s programme in the area of sanitation.
In the meanwhile Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Institute for Water Education (IHE)
Delft has launched a new Master of Science Program in Sanitation. IHE, Delft with sponsorship from Gates foundation would like to transfer this programme to other universities in other countries with partial funding.
Their target is to generate 1000 professionals through their partnership with various Institutes across the world. BITS Pilani K K Birla Goa campus has been shortlisted as one of the universities in this partnership.
- Integrated First degree of BITS or its equivalent in the areas of Biology, Civil, Chemical
- Any other M.Sc or BE with adequate preparations may be considered for this programme.
- Candidates admitted through GATE / GPAT will be eligible for a tuition fee waiver of Rs. 13,400 per month over and above the GATE / GPAT scholarship that they will receive.
- All other students admitted to the HD programme will be eligible for a stipend of Rs. 13,400 per month. The fee waiver/stipend will be in lieu of 6 – 8 hrs. of work per week.
- Those who wish to be considered through GATE/GPAT score only: Rs 1000.
- All others Rs 3150/- (including the fee for BITS HD online test).
Click here to apply online.
- Deadline for submission of completed application: April 30.
- Announcement of admission offers to candidates based on GATE/GPAT score: May 3.
- Deadline for payment of advance fees by candidates offered admission through GATE/ GPAT: May 20.
- BITS HD Online Test: 15th & 26th May 2019.
- Announcement of admission offers to candidates based on BITS HD test and
GATE / GPAT: June 3.
Telephone: 0832 2580305