The National Seminar on Paradigm Shift of the Indian Economy- New Growth Forces with Greater Inclusiveness will be held by Lucknow University from Nov 27-29.
About the Seminar
Indian economy has been at the crossroads since the beginning of its development process in the 1950s. There have always been two ways of looking at it as it suits the researcher or the policymakers or the public discourse of any nature. India has been making economic progress relentlessly and undoubtedly.
What has been a matter of discontent and a debate over the development strategy is it that it has not been equitous nor it has been inclusive despite Indian economy gaining momentum in terms of growth and development for last several decades. In fact, there has been a growing divide between the groups of the people who benefitted too much and who remained largely untouched by the flow of development over a period of time.
There are several parameters that suggested that there have been aggravating scenario like this over a period of time. We can find that the people under poverty have been increasing as the development is moving forward; the number of unemployed is increasing defying the growth and development acceleration in the economy.
Themes of the Seminar
- Growth pattern in the Indian economy pre and post-2014 Identifying new growth forces since 2014
- Issues of social security since 2014
- Infrastructure development Roads, power, aviation, etc
- Cooperative federalism
- Making the farm sector sustainable
- Industrial growth and new strategies
- Measures of inclusive development
- Fiscal reforms and GST
- Women issues and development
- Initiatives for youth development
- Uttar Pradesh on the path of rapid transformation
- Changing the investment climate in Uttar Pradesh
- Institutional reforms for development in Uttar Pradesh
- Infrastructure development in Uttar Pradesh
- Rural development in Uttar Pradesh
Note: The above list of the themes of the seminar is illustrative. We welcome a quality submission on related themes in conformity with the overall seminar theme.
Abstract & Paper Submission Guidelines
In this seminar papers are on an invitation basis only. However, some good papers might be included in the seminar. For this, the interested candidates may send an extended abstract of around 1000 words or a draft paper latest by 18.11.2018 for consideration. We shall be providing travel grant (train travel only) for the author of the accepted paper for presentation. The language of the seminar would be English & Hindi.
The paper may be submitted in the word format on the email address: email@example.com by Nov 18, 2018.
- Academicians and others (Outstation): Rs. 1000.
- Academicians and others (Local): Rs. 700.
- Research Scholars & students (Outstation): Rs. 700
- Research Scholars & students (Local): Rs. 500
Note: Registration fee includes modest local hospitality including seminar kit, tea, lunch, etc during the seminar. Accommodation may be provided at a moderate level on the first come, first get basis. However, we may guide the delegates for hotels as per their requirements in Lucknow self-payment basis.
Director, Dr Shanker Dayal Sharma Institute of Democracy, University of Lucknow, Second Campus, Sitapur Road, Jankipuram, LUCKNOW 226031 (Uttar Pradesh)
Ms Sunanda Mishra : +91-8887 854632
Mr. Mohd Yousuf Malik: +91-8878 056912
Ms Garima Mishra : +91-7398 333353
Dr. Anil Prakash: +91-8305 000111
Mobile : +91-8960066555