About the Scholarship
Future has always been uncertain but the current scenario that has emerged due to COVID-19 has brought a fear of unpredictable changes surrounding all of us. It has not only caused an unprecedented health crisis but is also causing huge financial distress.
But during this fight against the Global Pandemic, there is a frontline workforce consisting of Doctors, Nurses, Paramedical staff, Civic staff, Police personnel and many more who are working day-night to protect our country. The persons who have survived this pandemic have put a brave fight against this deadly disease.
Realizing this selfless service of the COVID-19 frontline workforce and the fight of the survivors, Lovely Professional University announced to honour their contribution by offering Scholarship up to full programme fee waiver worth INR 20 Crores to support the self/ wards of these individuals in all the regular programmes offered for Academic session 2020-21. The special scholarship will be awarded for the full duration of the programme.
|A||Survivors of COVID-19||–||Self/ Wards||Full Programme Fee waiver|
|B||Deceased due to COVID-19||–||Wards|
|C||Medical Staff/ Health Workers||Doctors, Nurses, Para-Medical Staff, LAB Staff or any other staff working in any hospital||Self/ Wards||20% Programme Fee Waiver|
|D||Medical Professionals||Pharmacists||Self/ Wards|
|E||Police Personnel of all States/UTs||All ranks||Self/ Wards|
|F||Municipal Corporations/ Councils/ Nagar Panchayats or any other Municipal Body or equivalent||Civic Staff and Sanitation workers only||Self/ Wards|
|G||Media Persons||Print, Electronic and Digital Media||Self/ Wards|
|H||Indian Railways Employees||Engaged in transportation of goods/freight trains||Self/ Wards|
|I||Airline Employees||Engaged in transportation of goods/cargo services or emergency passenger flights to bring stranded Indians||Self/ Wards|
|J||Bank Employees||Self/ Wards|
|K||Employees of Pharma Companies/Research Laboratories||Self/ Wards|
|L||District Administration||Self/ Wards|
How to Apply?
- Take admission in the selected programme.
- Apply for COVID-19 Frontline scholarship.
- Submit the valid proof (ID Card, Service certificate, Certificate from the employer, Drug license, Medical Shop Registration, Discharge Certificate from Hospital or any other document certifying the proof of eligibility for scholarship).
- A certificate from the Head of the Institute may have to be submitted certifying the involvement of concerned employee in essential services during lockdown due to COVID-19.
- The document establishing a relationship (10th mark sheet, Aadhar card, Ration card, Voter ID card) need to be submitted.
- Documents will be verified by a committee specially constituted for this purpose for swift approval of all the cases.
- The last date to apply for scholarship under this scheme is 15th July 2020.
- The scholarship is applicable in programmes offered in regular mode only.
- Wards will include son/s and/or daughter/s who are dependents also.
- The scholarship is applicable for Indian applicants only.
- A waiver will be given from the programme fee only.
July 15, 2020
For further details, click the link below.