For Lok Sabha Internship 2018, click here.
Lok Sabha Internship 2017
The Internship Programme organized by The Bureau of Parliamentary Studies and Training (BPST) is aimed to provide an opportunity to young talent in the country with outstanding academic credentials for acquainting them with the working of parliamentary democracy through Parliamentary Internship and to train them to contribute towards generation of research inputs for members of Parliament.
This Internship would expose the selected Interns to the constitutional and legal provisions with respect to working of Parliament and while contributing to the research inputs, they shall gain valuable experience of parliamentary democracy at work.
The Lok Sabha Internship 2017 is open to students of various streams: social sciences, languages, environmental studies, law, journalism, finance, management, business studies, commerce, etc.
However, students from pure science/engineering (except environmental engineering and such subjects) backgrounds will not be considered for the programme.
Types of Lok Sabha internships:
3 month internship [July 3-September 29]: 25 positions.
Qualification: The student must have completed a 2 year post graduate degree.
Age limit: 21-30 years as of June 30, 2017.
1 month internship [28 June-27 July]: 25 positions
Qualification: The student must be pursuing graduation/post-graudation.
Age limit: 18-30 years as of June 30, 2017.
- For 3 month internship: Rs. 20,000/- /month + Rs. 10,000 during the last month to cover expenses.
- For 1 month internship: Lump sum amount of Rs. 25,000/-
- The Lok Sabha Secretariat will not provide any accommodation/transport facilities to the Intern.
- Statement of purpose (250 words)
- Letter of recommendation (from the principal/dean/registrar/HoD)
- Age proof
The official notification for the year 2017 is out on the BPST (The Bureau of Parliamentary Studies and Training) website here. (Check the screenshot in the below image).
The last date to apply for the Lok Sabha Internship 2017 is April 26 by 5 pm.
The applicants should submit their Application Online and attach the necessary documents duly scanned at the link: bpst.nic.in.
For queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details and instructions are here.
And, oh, since you are interested in the Lok Sabha Internship 2017, here are some more opportunities that you might like:
- World Health Organisation [Click here]
- SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2017: Stipend of Rs. 15,000, Apply by May 31
- Newslaundry [Editorial, Marketing, Tech, Social Media]
- Competition Commission of India, New Delhi: Stipend of Rs. 10K
- Ministry of Finance, Government of India: Apply by the 1st of Every Month
- Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India
- Niti Aayog
- Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai: Stipend of Rs. 35,000/Month
Writing Competitions with Big Prize Monies!
- The Jane Austen Society of North America (JASNA) Essay Contest 2017: Submit by May 21; Prize of Rs. 60,000
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Essay Competition on ‘Atlas Shrugged’: Submit by April 28; Cash Prize of Rs. 23 Lakhs
- Writer’s Digest Annual Writing Competition 2017: Cash Prize of Rs. 4,50,000; Submit by May 5
Summer Schools 2017
Other Educational Opportunities and Events
- The IIT Bombay Inter Varsity Debate Tournament 2017 [Sep 22-24]
- Call for Papers: IIMA, B and C’s India Finance Conference [Dec 20-22, Bangalore]: Submit by August 16