About the Competition
Lothal is a one of the prominent cities of the ancient Indus valley civilization dating to 2400 BC. Archaeological excavations have discovered the oldest man-made dockyard, over 5000 years old, in Lothal. To showcase India’s rich and diverse maritime heritage, a world-class National Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC) is being developed at Lothal, Gujarat.
NMHC will consolidate all diverse and rich artefacts from ancient to modern times and provide access to public and make them aware, learn and be inspired from our rich maritime heritage. An edutainment approach using latest technology will be adopted for development of NMHC complex. NMHC will comprise of National Maritime Museum, Maritime Heritage based theme park, amusement park, Maritime Research Institute, Nature Conservation Park, Resorts and Hotels etc.
Setting up a National Maritime Heritage Complex at such an important location will befit the historical importance of Lothal and develop it into a place of extraordinary and unparalleled maritime heritage. It will instill pride, create awareness and enhance knowledge about the rich and diverse maritime history of the country. NMHC will leverage modern technology to showcase maritime history and will be a tourist attraction not only in India but also internationally.
The selected logo will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 20,000/-
- Each entry should be accompanied by a brief written explanation of the Logo and how best it encapsulates its essence.
- An entry could be by an Indian citizen or a team project.
- Each participant/team can submit ONLY one entry. The submission of entry is free.
- The logo design must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 or the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party. The logo should not have been previously published in any print and digital media and must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Plagiarism of any nature is not allowed. Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright would be disqualified from the contest.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
June 4, 2020
Phone: (011- 2371475)
For further details, click here.