Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship 2020 at University of Queensland, Australia: Apply by Oct 14
The Liveris Undergraduate Scholarship was established in 2019 by global business leader Andrew Liveris and his wife Paula Liveris, who generously donated $13.5 million to the University of Queensland to help establish the Andrew N. Liveris Academy for Innovation and Leadership in the University’s Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology.
The Liveris Academy aspires to build a generation of effective and inspiring leaders with a mindset geared towards creating a sustainable future. The Liveris Undergraduate scholarship is maintained by the income generated from an endowed fund.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and support outstanding students in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) or in the integrated Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) / Master of Engineering program in any discipline at The University of Queensland, who have the potential to lead solutions to some of the world’s most pressing sustainability challenges.
An applicant is eligible for the Scholarship if the applicant:
- submits an application by the closing date for applications; and
- either will complete, or has completed, year 12 in the two year period prior to the year of award and achieves a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank of 99.00 (or equivalent) for their year 12 studies; or has completed no more than one semester towards the Approved Program in the year of award; and
- has not undertaken any tertiary study at Bachelor level or higher prior to enrolling in the Approved Program, other than studies in special university programs designed for secondary school students; and
- is enrolled, or intends to enrol full-time in an Approved Program in the year of the award, or after an approved deferment of one year; and
- does not hold another scholarship that the Director considers to be similar.
Up to $10,000 travel support from the Liveris Academy for an approved gap semester, exchange or internship opportunities.
How to Apply?
- This application is for the semester 1, 2020 scholarship round. You are eligible to apply if you are a commencing student completing Year 12 in 2019, or if you commenced the first-year study in semester 2 2019.
- The application link is available here.
Oct 14, 2019
Phone: +61 7 3365 3853
For more details, click here.
About the Author