Literature searching training: a systematic approach is a 3-day workshop that will introduce you to methods for developing systematic searches that will allow you to retrieve relevant information to inform your systematic review, health technology appraisal, guideline or project.
This workshop is suitable for all healthcare professionals (multidisciplinary) and specialties, information professionals and anyone who requires this skill in their role.
This workshop will cover how to:
- translate your question into a search
- select appropriate resources
- search databases
- use reference management software
- adapt/update searches
By the end of the workshop, the participants should be able to:
- run reproducible and transparent searches for identifying evidence to answer a specific question
- record results and strategies for a review, guideline or technology appraisal
- demonstrate and explain the search approach to end users and project sponsors
How to apply:
Click here to register.
INR 5000/- (Inclusive of GST) per person for healthcare professionals from educational and healthcare institutes.
INR 10,000/- (Inclusive of GST) per person for industry-sponsored participants.
Payments can be made via NEFT Transfer: Click here for details.
Cancellation charges: In case of cancellation of registration, 25% of administrative charges will be deducted and the remaining alone will be refunded.
* Participants from CMC: Please transfer the registration fees to the account number 22P145 and forward the copy of the letter sent to the Treasurer to email@example.com
- Lunch and refreshments would be provided on all days.
- The registration charges do not cover travel and stay arrangements, which would be the individual responsibility of the participants. Please see the following section on accommodation in external guest houses that are near the workshop venue.
- Please bring your own laptops for hands-on practice on all days. Convenient charging points would be available. Laptops with 10-11 inch screen-size are NOT ideal for convenient handling of these software, though they do work; bigger screen sizes would be preferable.
- Arrangements would be in place to provide wireless internet access at the workshop venue (password protected access- permits only one device per person). Connectivity might not be dependable at all times. Participants are encouraged to bring personal modems/dongles for internet connectivity.
- For transport assitance from the nearby Railway Station (Katpadi) or the Nearest Airport (Chennai) please email EJ Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org