Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Lieutenant Governor’s Sustainable Development Fellowship (LGSDF) Programme 2021.
About the Fellowship
The Lieutenant Governor’s Sustainable Development Fellowship (LGSDF) Programme is a unique professional opportunity framed for the young and motivated graduates from leading academic institutions.
As the development of Jammu and Kashmir continues apace, the LGSDF programme provides a platform for highly motivated young professionals to contribute towards strategic planning and implementation of development policies and initiatives in the union territory.
LGSDF is a transformative professional experience for outstanding young men and women with significant accomplishments to contribute towards citizen-centric and holistic development of the union territory.
The programme provides them with a deep understanding of the structure and functioning of the various institutions. It is a unique opportunity for the fellows towards partake in social welfare and economic development policies and schemes.
No. of Fellowships
10 LGSDF Fellows will be selected every year for an initial duration of 2 years extendable upto 5 years, if the individual qualifies, periodic reviews and a performance appraisal conducted at the end of the 2nd year of the fellowship.
- Graduates from NITs/IITs, IIMs, CFTIs and other academic institutions of repute with one year of experience in the field as on the date of application.
- A minimum of 60% in the final aggregate of their degree/diploma programmes.
- Work-experience in development and infrastructure sectors with reasonable exposure to policy design and implementation is preferred.
- Candidates passing out of higher education institutes of the J&K U.T. will be preferred.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- A challenging professional opportunity coupled with a once-in-lifetime experience of bringing real-life transformation in the lives of the people of J&K. Fellows will get an opportunity to serve across the UT with a special focus on policy making and implementation that benefits the people and promotes nation-building.
- A mandatory 10-day orientation programme to align the knowledge, skills and competencies of the fellows with the objectives of the programme.
- An amount of Rs 1 lac p.m. shall be paid as fellowship amount, for the first 2 years. However, outstanding candidates with proven merit, competencies & work experience, the fellowship amount may be kept flexible in order to attract the most deserving.
- The fellowship amount for the subsequent years, may further vary, upon performance appraisal by the High-Powered Committee. In addition to the fellowship, an annual contingency allowance of Rs. 1 lakh will be provided for consumables and other support facilities.
- Travel, lodging, boarding and other incidental expenses, if any, will be reimbursed as per the prevalent rules of the knowledge partner.
- Applications shall be received only on the online portal. Received applications will be screened based on minimum qualification requirements and promise of Statement of Purpose.
- Shortlisted candidates after screening will be invited for an interview with a panel of experts. Mere fulfilling the educational criteria may not be enough for shortlisting for subsequent interaction.
- The committee shall be able to adopt, if required, multiple stage process of selection from the eligible applicants.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
July 31, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the Lieutenant Governor’s Sustainable Development Fellowship (LGSDF) Programme 2021.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2021 for DBT-Junior Research Fellowship: Apply by July 31
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2021-22 for Mid-Career Professionals: Apply by Aug 9