The Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi invites applications for the post of Library Trainees at the institute.
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi is a state university located in Delhi, India. It is research-oriented with a focus on Computer Science and allied areas.
The Library and Information Center of Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-D) is fully automated using RFID and EM Technology. The Library is enriched with a vast collection of print and electronic resources in all areas of interest.
- Provide assistance and guidance to library users.
- Check-in/ Check-out of resources (Issue/ Return).
- Accessioning, Classification, and Cataloguing of resources.
- Technical processing (To paste the Spine labels, Due date slips, RFID tags, Institute’s Sticker, EM tattle tapes, Stamping, etc.).
- Arrange books and periodicals on racks.
- Answer reference queries.
- Post Graduate (MLISc)/ Graduate (BLISc)/ Two Years Diploma in Library and Information Science from recognized Institution/University with First Class.
- Basic knowledge of Computer fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of modern principles and practices of library science.
- Knowledge of IT Applications in Library and Information Services.
- Knowledge of recent trends and technologies in Library and Information Services.
- Ability to read and comprehend written material.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and accurately, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform calculations involving basic arithmetic functions.
- Tact and courtesy in dealing with Library users.
Rs.17,000/-, Rs.15,000/- and Rs.10,000/- per month (consolidated).
The term of appointment will be purely on a temporary basis for 6 months, by the performance it may be extended further for a maximum of 6 months.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is July 2, 2020.
The trainees may be assigned shift duty on the rotation basis and may have to work on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays as well. Training/internship certificate will be issued after completion of at least 6 months training/internship at IIIT-Delhi Library and Information Center.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Project Positions at IISER Bhopal [3 Vacancies]: Apply by June 30.