Leadership for Academicians Program (LEAP) at IIT-BHU, Varanasi: Apply by Oct 20
About the Program
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India has launched a three-week Leadership for Academicians Program (LEAP), which includes one-week foreign training component in one of the top 100 universities in global rankings.
This program will be conducted by a few select top-ranked institutions nationally. IIT (BHU), Varanasi, has conducted this program last year and this year again selected by MHRD to implement LEAP. This initiative primarily aims to identify and train such faculty who are expected to move into an academic leadership role in the near future where a high level of governance and management skills would be required. llT (BHU), Varanasi is well-positioned to implement this national initiative of leadership capacity building that will improve the quality of academic leadership in our country.
IIT (BHU), Varanasi will leverage its internal resources, a wide network of alumni and collaborations nationally and globally to conduct the leadership development program. Our guiding principle will be ‘Excellence in Education with Character Building’. The most important outcome of this proposed leadership development program will be to enable participants for “Building Ethos of an Institution”. The underlying theme in the leadership development content framework will focus on building ethos, fostering values, and developing cultural sensitivity. Through these lenses, participants will then be able to formulate and administer the rules, regulations, and guidelines in the context of their own Institutions.
Objective of Program
To develop the nation’s Higher Education leaders, so that they contribute towards the advancement of Higher Education in India and the achievement of the goals of better access, equity and quality in the field of Higher Education.
- Contextual Complexities of Managing Education Institutes in India
- Organizational Complexities of Higher Educational Institutions that makes it different from other organizations
- Visioning and Framing Strategic plan
- Transformational Leadership
- Exploring Technology and Adoption
- Financial Management of Higher Education
- Developing Research Capacity
- Management Control and Performance Management System
- High Impact Practices for Student Success
- Internationalization of Higher Education
- Individual-level outcomes: Improved governance qualities, managerial and leadership capacities of Higher Education leaders, improved interpersonal skills, relationship management skills of leaders, leading to improved morale of staff.
- Institution level outcomes: Academic Excellence, Vibrant Institutions, and higher academic performance. Improved institutional governance and performance of higher educational institutions.
- System-level outcomes: Creation of an expanded pool of capable and high thinking leaders and administrators: more intense, focused and more fruitful networking and mutual learning among the leaders, thinkers and policymakers, across institutions and states.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the program through this link.
Oct 20, 2019
Phone: +91- 9415301462, +91-7080794851
For more details, click here.
About the Author