Leadership for Academician Programme (LEAP) at BHU, Varanasi: Register by Sep 12
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India has initiated a Leadership for Academicians Program (LEAP) for second level academic functionaries in public-funded higher education institutions. The programme is of three weeks duration of which one week is a foreign training component. LEAP initiative primarily aims to prepare the second tier academic heads who are potentially likely to assume leadership roles in the future.
The programme provides an unique opportunity to train identified faculty to a range of leadership and managerial skills including skills of problem-solving, handling stress, team building work, conflict management, developing communication skills, creating research and innovation environment, understanding and coping with the complexity and challenges of governance in Higher Education Institutions, financial & general administration.
The applicants must fulfil following eligibility criteria as on 30 September 2019:
- Age must be below 58 years
- At least 8 years of experience in the grade of Professor
- At least 3 years’ experience in administrative positions
- High academic standing (Preferably 30 publications in Scopus indexed journals/UGC peer-reviewed journals)
- Impeccable Integrity as endorsed by the Head of the Institution.
- A valid Indian Passport with an expiry date not less than 8 months at the time of the submission of application.
- Must not have attended training under the LEAP programme of Ministry of HRD organized by any other Institution.
This program comprises of three weeks of extensive training, out of which two-week training will be in an institution identified by MHRD and one-week training in a foreign university which is ranked within top hundred of the world universities.
- Interested candidates for the LEAP can fill the online application via this page.
- Upon submitting the form, you will receive an e-mail from our side carrying PDF file of application as an attachment. Candidates are requested to take printout of the attached application form, sign it and get it forwarded by the Head of your Institution alongwith his/her Official Seal before sending it with attachments to us at the address “Coordinator- LEAP and Director, Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi – 221005”.
- The last date for filling the online applications is 12th September 2019.
Prof AS Raghubansi
For more details, click here.
About the Author