Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship 2018-19 [Rs.10K per month]: Apply by Feb 5
Scheme for Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship. This Scheme seeks to award scholarships to young and deserving upcoming artists including applicants from a visual art background by providing them a work space to improve their creative skills and innovative ideas in their respective fields.
Total number of 40 Scholarships will be given during the year 2018-19, subject to availability of funds and work space.
Subjects/Fields for Scholarships
- Art history
- Art criticism
- Arts management
- Art curation and documentation
Duration and Term of Scholarship
The duration of the proposed scholarship will be for one year (12 months).
The selected scholars will be required to work only at the Regional Centres of the Akademi situated in Garhi (New Delhi), Kolkata, Lucknow, Bhubaneswar and at the camp office Shimla which are attached to their respective states/Union Territories.
Each scholar will be paid Rs. 10,000/- per month for a period of one year to cover his/ her living expenses, travel expenses, purchase of art material, etc.
- Candidates should be Indian citizens
- The applicant should have an art back ground (or) education in the field of Art – Degree/ diploma, (or) proof of work experience in the field of visual art for at least five years. The Scholarship will be awarded only to an applicant who fulfills all the requirements of scholarship.
- Candidates should have adequate knowledge in the discipline for which they have applied for.
- The candidate’s age should not be less than 21 years and not more than 35 years. Age relaxation is not permissible.
- Those applicants who are undergoing regular studies are not eligible for scholarship.
- Applicants engaged in full time employment or business are not eligible for the scholarship.
Duly filled applications with all the required materials should reach the Secretary, Lalit Kala Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan, New Delhi, in a closed envelope mentioning “Application for LKA Scholarship 2018-19” should be submitted by Feb 5.
Application form is here.
For any queries, contact
- Call: 011-23009282/ 23009235;
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any further information, visit here.
About the Author