About the organiser
Alva’s Education Foundation (R) Moodbidri, was established in 1995 by visionary chairman Dr. M. Mohan Alva to provide the quality education to the rural students mainly in and around Moodbidri. He has succeeded in developing Moodbidri as education hub in South Canara with 20 various Educational Institutions. These educational Institutions are characterized by quality education across a broad range of disciplines
About the conference
Lake 2018 will be the 11 thBiennial Lake Conference focusing on “Conservation and Sustainable Management of Riverine Ecosystems” will be held at foothills of Western Ghats. The theme of World Wetlands day 2018 is Wetlands for Sustainable Future to demonstrate the vital role of wetlands for the future of humanity and specifically their relevance towards achieving the new Sustainable Development Goals.
Lake 2018 conference provides a unique opportunity to increase understanding of the role of lentic and lotic ecosystems in sustaining the food, water and human livelihood with the challenges faced by these fragile ecosystems.
Who is it for/eligibility
Papers are invited from researchers, planners, development managers, economists and social scientists, school (VIII – XII students) and college students, school and college teachers.
Themes/sub-themes, if any
Topics for Paper Presentation/ Poster in Lake 2018:
• Wetlands for sustainable future;
• Aquatic Ecosystems – Food and water security, people’s livelihood;
• Climate Change and Western Ghats: Water sustenance;
• Biodiversity, hydrology & Ecology of Western Ghats;
• Wetlands and swamps: Restoration, Conservation and Management;
• Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems: Linkages
• Land use, Land cover dynamics in Western Ghats
• Carrying capacity of river basins in Western Ghats;
• Valuation of Ecosystem Goods and services;
• Sacred Groves (kans, devarakadu) and Myristica Swamps;
• Eco-Tourism in Western Ghats and Carbon sequestration;
• Application of Geoinformatics in Ecosystems Management;
• Natural and Anthropogenic disasters;
• Limnology, aquatic ecology, biodiversity and prospects of bio-monitoring;
• Pollution –terrestrial and aquatic – Monitoring and Management, bioremediation;
• Sustainable Agriculture and organic farming;
• Coastal ecosystems – Biodiversity, Ecology, Productivity and livelihood aspects;
• Prospects of Renewable Energy (solar, biofuel, bioenergy) and Energy Conservation;
• Environmental Education and Sustainable Development;
• Environment Ethics and Green Technology; and Environment Literacy.
V.S. Acharya Auditorium,
Call for Scientific Papers:Delegates interested in presenting papers as oral or poster need to submit the scientific paper as per the guidelines given below.
Guidelines for Paper Preparation:The full text paper (e-version preferably in a CD and one hard copy) formatted to A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) size, after having been scrutinized and accepted, will be printed as received, by offset process. Therefore, the text of the paper in English must confirm strictly to the following requirements and be free from errors.
For Template, click here.
Posters: Size A 0
For poster template, click here.
- Delegates: Rs. 2500/-, Accompanying person: Rs. 1500/-
- Research Scholars and University faculty: Rs. 2,000/- (mandatory to attend all three days)
- Masters students: INR 1000/- (mandatory to attend all three days)
- UG students: INR 500/- (mandatory to attend all three days)
- The registration fee for individuals from Industry, Government Organisation and those who wish to participate in the symposium are required to pay INR 2500/-(and for accompanying person: INR 1500/-)
- School and College (PU) teachers and students: Free (paper accepted for presentation in the technical session)
- No spot registration
Demand draft be drawn in favour of the “Lake 2018, Alva’s College, Moodbidri, Dakshina Kannada. DD to be sent along with duly filled in registration form.
Note: The registration fee would include registration kit, working lunch and tea during the symposium. Accompanying person will have access to all technical sessions and hospitality as per delegates except registration kit.
For Accommodation details, click here.
- Registration [Registration form]: 15th September 2018
- Submission of scientific papers (full length / extended abstract), posters with the Registration Form (with the registration fee, depending on the category) – delegates presenting papers/posters: 15th September 2018
- Review of Papers and posters by the committee: 30th September 2018
- Final submission of the revised manuscript (based on review): 15th October 2018
- Notification of Acceptance of Papers (on web): 24th November 2018
- Lake 2018 Conference: 22-24th November 2018
- Field visit (wetlands, sacred groves, Shobavana, etc): 25th November 2018
Working President, Lake 2018
Principal, Alva’s College, Vidyagiri, Moodbidri, Dakshina Kannada – 574227
Phone: 08258-250275, 236531, 08258- 250200 to 207,
Cellphone: +919740668967 Fax: 08258-237341,
Dr. T.V. Ramachandra,
Chairman & Organising Secretary, Lake 2016
Energy and Wetlands Research Group, Centre for Ecological Sciences [CES],
TE 15, Third Floor, E wing, New Bioscience Building [Near D Gate],
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012
Phone: 91-080-22933099/2293 3503 (extn. 101/107)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Lake2018symposium@gmail.com,