Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Researcher Scholarship and Young Researcher Awards: Apply by Jan 15
Lady Tata Memorial Trust invites applications for the following scholarships for the year 2020.
- Young Researcher Award
- Junior Research Scholarship
The details of the schemes are given below.
1. Young Researcher Award
The aim is to reward Young Researchers (< 40 years) who have displayed a potential for high quality research. All areas of Life Sciences and Biotechnology related to human diseases will be covered by this Award.
- The Award is open to Indian Nationals, residing in India, who are below the age of 40 years as on 31st March 2020.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in any Biological Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology related areas. The applicant must have at least 4 years’ professional experience in the specific area after obtaining the above degree.
- The candidate must have a regular position in a University / Organization / Institute in India. He/she should be engaged in research and development and have publications arising from research done as an independent investigator in India. The awardee will be eligible for regular research grants through extramural and other research schemes of various S & T agencies of the Government of India.
Grants and Scholarship
- The amount of the Award will be ₹25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute.
- In addition, the Young Researcher will receive a contingency grant of ₹7.00 lakhs per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of research project under the Award. All bills and receipts should be send to the LTMT office every six month, after purchase of any items from contingency grant.
The duration of the Award will be initially for three years, extendable further by two years, on a review by the Trust’s Experts’ Committee.
How to apply
Register and apply online at this page.
A Demand Draft of Rs.500/- being Processing Fee (non-refundable) should be forwarded in favour of the Lady Tata Memorial Trust, and the DD should be scanned and submitted in online form and original to be couriered to trusts office.
Please note that:
- The candidate must forward the application through the Director of a recognised Research Institute or Laboratory where he / she proposes to work.
- The application should be addressed to The Secretary, Lady Tata Memorial Trust, Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street Mumbai 400 001, and submitted online on our website between 1 December 2019 to 15th January 2020.
- The selected applicants will be called for an interview in the middle / third week of March/April 2020 and based on personal interview, one young researcher will be awarded and announced by the end of March/April 2020. The selected Researcher will be required to commence research effective 1st April/May 2020.
Ph: 66658282 / 66657697, e-mail : email@example.com
For full details about the Lady Tata Trust Young Researcher Award, click here.
2. Junior Research Scholarship
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals, from select Universities / Institutes / Laboratories, and strictly with first class academics (60% and above) from Class X up to date for the award of Junior Research Scholarship for the year 2020-2021 for scientific investigations having a bearing directly or indirectly on the alleviation of human suffering from disease.
The value of the award: ₹31,000 per month.
Contingency Grant: ₹30,000 per annum.
Age Limit (as on March 31, 2020): 27
The Junior Research Scholarship (JRS) is offered to fresh M.B.B.S. / M.Sc.s/M.Pharm/M.Tech and is tenable in the first instance for a period of two years commencing from the date of joining as JR in the institute for Ph.D. work in 2020.
On completion of two years and on assessment by the 3-Member Doctoral Committee (DC) of the scholar’s institution about the progress of work done, the awardee, will have to re-appear for a research presentation before the Trust’s Indian Scientific Advisory Committee (ISAC) in 2022-2023 for promotion to the Senior Research Scholarship (SRS) @ Rs.35,000/- p.m. for a further period of three years (2022-2023 to 2025-2026), as under, subject to satisfactory progress as reflected in the annual progress reports submitted to the Trust.
How to apply
Register and apply online at this page.
A demand draft of Rs.100/- being processing fee (non-refundable) per application should be forwarded in favour of The Lady Tata Memorial trust (Add: Bombay House, 2nd floor, 24, Homi Mody Street, Fort, Mumbai 400001) and the original scan of the same should be scanned and submitted with the online application form.
Any application received without the scanned of DD, or forwarded through any other mode of payment, will be rejected without further correspondence with the applicant. original DD should be couriered to trusts office.
The deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.
The interview call letters will be forwarded to short-listed applicants by the end of June/July 2020, personal interview will be held in mid-July/August 2020 and the names of the selected applicants, based on their performance at the interview, will be announced in August/September 2020 and the selected scholars and their Supervisor / Research Guide will be intimated about the same immediately thereafter. Selected scholars will be required to report to the respective Supervisor / Research Guide immediately on announcement of the award.
Ph: 66658282 / 66657697, e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full details about the Lady Tata Trust Junior Research Scholarship, click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)