Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship 2022-23.
About Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship
The Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust awards scholarships to Indian women graduates of reputed universities who wish to pursue higher education abroad, as support towards their tuition fee component.
The Trust invites applications for the academic year 2022-2023 in the following fields of study:
- Law – Specialising only in issues related to women and children
- Education – Teachers’ training programmes
- Education and welfare of children with special needs
- Gender studies – Violence against women and children (including domestic violence and by others), issues concerning Indian women as singles, single mothers and married women
- Child health – Development and nutrition
- Health policy and health education – Mental health
- Public health – Community health services, reproductive health, epidemiology
- Needs of adolescents
- Communication for development – Focus on issues related to women and children
- Research and study of social norms in communities
- Community Development, Rural Development, Public Policy, Public Administration,
- Social Policy, Social Development, Sustainable Development – With a focus on women and children’s issues
- Social work in areas not covered above, such as Women in Prison
- Indian women graduates from a reputed university
- A consistent and remarkable academic record
- Must have applied for admission or preferably secured admission to reputed universities or institutions in the United States, UK or Europe for the year 2022- 2023
- Relevant work experience of a minimum 2 years preferred
Shortlisted candidates will have to attend either a personal or an online interview (depending on the pandemic situation) with the board of trustees on a designated day in July 2022, details of which will be conveyed at a later date.
Selection and Scholarship Details
- A gift scholarship towards the tuition fee component, approximately between Rupees three and six lakhs per selected student, is awarded, depending on the performance of the candidate in the interview.
- Candidates selected for this scholarship will have to submit a clear copy of the ‘Proof of Funds’ or ‘Financial Capacity’ document, which will reflect the candidates’ ability to support their education.
How to Apply?
Steps to request for a link to the application form:
- Request for a link to the application form may be made by sending an email to email@example.com, along with the details and documents as requested below:
- The course and specialisation they wish to pursue and duration
- Name/s of the university/ies to be attended, in order of merit of their choice, with letter of confirmed admission, if available
- The course fee required for each university
- Sources of funding (in brief)
- Their current profile (biodata, CV)
- Incomplete requests from candidates will not be considered by the Trust office and further correspondence will not be entertained.
- Please upload clear, scanned copies of the above-mentioned documents along with your request email. Kindly mark the documents correctly.
- Sharing of the link to the application form with the candidate will be at the complete discretion of the Trust office
- Requests for a link for an application form will be accepted from candidates from Friday, April 01, 2022, to Monday, May 02, 2022 – midnight.
- No requests will be accepted by the Trust office after May 02, 2022; all requests received after the last date will stand void.
- Last date to accept the required documents by the Trust office on the designated email ID is Friday, May 06, 2022.
- After scrutiny of the forms, only the shortlisted candidates will receive an email from the Trust office by end-June/ early July 2022.
A specimen copy of the Form, Mandatory Documents and the process to fill in and submit the form is attached for your reference.
Shortlisting of candidates for the interviews and award of scholarships would be solely at the discretion of the Trustees of the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust.
May 2, 2022
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust
Contact: 022 66658282; Ext: 7759/ 7174