About the Fellowship:
Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship (DSKPDF) Scheme was introduced by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in the year 2007 on the recommendation of the Empowered Committee (EC) chaired by Professor M. M. Sharma.
The DSKPDF Scheme was expected to provide an opportunity to many fresh Ph.D.s to overcome the deficiencies in training at the doctoral level research and to explore new areas of research in better settings in the Indian University Sector.
DSKPDF Scheme is open for full-time research work, predominantly to young researchers preferably below 35 years of age who have awarded their Ph. D. Degree under science faculty. The maximum duration of the fellowship can be a maximum of 3 years.
- Aspirants below 35 years of age (Up to 3, 5 and 10 years of age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST/Women and physically handicapped respectively is admissible), who are awarded a Ph. D. degree in science faculty are eligible to apply.
- Teachers below the age of 35, working on confirmed posts in Academic Institutes may also apply.
- It is also open to students from other parts of the world, particularly to those from developing and neighboring countries.
- If the applicant has already applied for Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship and has been declared as unsuccessful, he/she is permitted to apply freshly with new research proposal only after one year from date of declaration of the earlier result.
The monthly stipend for these awards would be as follows:
- Normal fellowship for the First, Second and third year is Rs. 43,400/-, Rs. 45,000/- and Rs. 46,500/- respectively.
- Higher fellowship for the First, Second and third year: Rs. 46,500/-.
The Fellow is provided with a contingency grant of Rs. 1,00,000 p.a.
- The application process is open all year round.
- You should apply for Login ID and Password before uploading the actual application. For getting the Login Id, you should fill the simple form available here, where you have to enter some basic information about yourself and about your Degree.
- It is necessary that the name given by you should match the one on your Master’s and Ph.D. degree certificates for obtaining the Login ID and Password. After filling the basic form, you will receive an e-mail just for the email verification. Simply Click on the link given in your email and your authenticated information will reach us.
- After verification of the information at our side, You will receive a mail containing a Login ID and Password at the E-mail address provided by you within 7 working days of your request.
- You may upload your actual application form by using the above Login ID and Password. Please fill in all the columns and attach the summary of your Ph.D. work, a summary of the proposed research work and a Mentor’s CV in specified format limiting to 100 kb size individually. You may choose to attach a PDF or doc file for this purpose.
- All the valid applications will receive a system-generated acknowledgment from Dr. D. S. Kothari Fellowship Cell. This will be accompanied by a file containing your complete application. A unique Application No. (ID) will be assigned to each application. Please note this number for further reference.
- The candidates are requested to take a printout of the Application file provided at the end of Application Filling procedure. He/she has to affix his/her recent photograph and sign on the application at indicated places. Attach duly attested copy of following documents:
- Summary of Ph.D. Work, in the prescribed format. Same as uploaded online
- Concept proposal of the postdoctoral research, in the prescribed format. Same as uploaded online
- A brief Mentor CV, in the prescribed format. Same as uploaded online
- Copy of your Graduation and Post graduation certificate
- Copy of your S.S.C.(10th Class Certificate)/Age Proof Certificate
- Ph.D. Degree Certificate Or Certificate by the Ph.D. guide/Registrar of University/Institute
- Original Certificate of Mentor on proper letterhead specifying that he/she is willing to guide you for your Postdoc Research work, in prescribed format
- NET/SET Certificate if applicable
- Reserved Category/Physically Handicapped Certificate if applicable
- The candidate has to arrange to send the signed hard copy with the application form along with aforementioned documents to the following address:
The National Coordinator
Dr. D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Cell
C/o Interdisciplinary School of Scientific Computing
Savitribai Phule Pune University
Ganeshkhind Post Office, Pune 411 007
Phone No: (020) 25601406
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org