Applications are invited for Knight-Hennessy Scholarship 2022-23 by Stanford University. The last date of application is 6 October.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars (herein referred to as ‘Scholarship’) program cultivates and supports a highly engaged, multidisciplinary and multicultural community of graduate students from across Stanford University, and delivers a diverse collection of educational experiences, preparing graduates to address complex challenges facing the world.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholarhip seeks visionary thinkers who are curious, open-minded, analytical, eager for cross-cultural perspective, and genuinely excited to boldly and creatively address our world’s important challenges.
Our eligibility requirements help you determine if you may apply to be a Knight-Hennessy Scholar.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is a multidisciplinary and multicultural community. There are no restrictions based on age, college or university, field of study, or career aspiration. We encourage citizens and residents of all countries to apply. We do not require applicants to seek endorsements from colleges, universities, or other institutions.
There are two baseline eligibility requirements.
- First, in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars, you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program. Each incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar must be a newly enrolling student in a Stanford graduate program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs. There are no quotas by discipline or program. Note that we will give priority consideration to those who will spend at least two years studying at Stanford.
- Second, you must have earned, in January 2015 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing.
|To apply to join the cohort in:||You must have earned your first bachelor’s degree by:|
|2022||January 2015 or later|
|2023||January 2016 or later|
For U.S. military (active or veteran) applicants, we extend the eligibility window by two years in acknowledgment of longer service commitments; you must have earned your degree in January 2013 or later to enroll in 2022. Current college students are eligible if you will earn your first degree by September 2022. Within the eligibility window, we do not give preference based on recency of the degree.
Independence of Thought
Visionary thinkers who are curious, open-minded, analytical, eager for cross-cultural perspective, and genuinely excited to boldly and creatively address our world’s important challenges.
- Demonstrates mental sharpness and intellectual ability
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguity
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
Courageous leaders who are ethical, decisive, resilient, driven to achieve meaningful results and motivated to inspire others to effect positive change at scale.
- Ambitious in service of a better world
- Driven to improve self and others
- Able to include and elevate others
- Self-aware and adaptable
- Persistent and resilient
Collaborative community members who are humble, empathetic, trustworthy, oriented to act in service of others, and deeply passionate about contributing to the greater good.
- Personally humble and kind
- Supportive and accountable
- Embraces difference
- Concerned for and helpful to others
|Application opens||August 1, 2021|
|Application closes||October 6, 1:00 pm Pacific Time|
|Finalist notification||January 26, 2022|
|Immersion Weekend||February 25-26, 2022|
|Decision notification||March 15, 2022|
You must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars application will require you to indicate the Stanford graduate degree program(s) to which you will apply.
- Step 1: Start your online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars and prepare application requirements. (Tip: Ask your recommenders early.)
- Step 2: Submit the online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars by the deadline. (Note: You will not be able to edit once you submit your application, with the exception of test scores and recommenders)
- Step 3: If necessary, update test scores for Knight-Hennessy Scholars through your application status page.
- Separately: Prepare and submit all parts of your Stanford graduate degree program application by its deadline. Visit the program website to confirm its application deadline, program requirements, and any fees. Please review deadlines carefully as they vary by degree program, and some programs specify a separate application deadline specifically for Knight-Hennessy Scholars applicants
Click here to view the official notification of Knight-Hennessy Scholarship 2022-23 by Stanford University.
You may also be interested in: