About the Programme:
The Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio University seeks innovative journalists with a strong desire to reboot their digital skills. You need at least five years of professional experience to apply (yes, internships count).
Selected Fellows will spend a week at Ohio University’s beautiful main campus in Athens, immersed in hands-on training led by national experts. We’ll focus on using digital and social media to build a stronger following, develop new sources and enhance your reporting.
We’ll help you sharpen reporting skills to hold government and institutions accountable. We’ll talk Twitter, deep Web searches, crowdsourcing, public records, spreadsheets, videography, data visualization, and the latest digital tools and tactics.
The Fellowship runs from Sunday, April 15 through Friday, April 20, 2018 in Athens, Ohio, home to the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University.
- The Kiplinger Fellowship will cover your hotel accommodations for the week, pay for many of your meals and provide you with a full week of immersive digital training.
- Fellows (or their news organizations) will be responsible for arranging and paying for transportation to and from the John Glen International Airport in Columbus, Ohio.
- For journalists working outside the United States, limited travel stipends (totally no more than half of the airfare) will be available.
How to Apply:
To apply, click here: KiplingerFellowship2018
Before you begin, you might want to write these four pieces, which you then can copy and paste into the application:
1. A short bio (maximum of 150 words).
2. A short explanation of how the Kiplinger Fellowship would benefit you and your newsroom (maximum of 200 words).
3. Web links to three recent stories that showcase your talent. International journalists whose work does not appear in English must supply English translations of three stories (details below).
4. Two references who know your work well (name, title, organization, email, phone).
For further details, please visit the link given here