Applications are solicited from meritorious Doctoral Candidates for the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020 at the University of British Columbia, Canada.
The Killam Scholarship and Prize Programmes were established in memory of Izaak Walton Killam through the Will of his wife, Dorothy Johnston Killam, and through gifts made during her lifetime. Their primary purpose is to support advanced education and research at five Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts.
The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are provided annually from the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies and are available for most fields of research.
$50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, plus a travel research allowance of $4,000 over two years
- must have completed all requirements of their Ph.D. no more than 24 months (for this competition, no earlier than April 30, 2019) prior to the anticipated fellowship start date.
- Completion of Ph.D. requirements refers to the date that the applicant completed all the steps required for obtaining their degree. Although these requirements may vary by institution and degree type, they normally include thesis defense corrections and thesis deposition. It is not the convocation date.
- The period of eligibility may be extended for applicants who have had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of childrearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities. The interruption(s) or delay(s) must have occurred after the applicant completed all the requirements of their Ph.D.
- must not currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a university or college. Applicants who currently hold a temporary, term or non-tenure-track faculty appointments are eligible to apply.
- should have shown outstanding ability in research, in that they would be likely to contribute to the advancement of learning or to win distinction in their professions.
- should not be one-sided, and have a sound character that complements their intellect.
- Excellence in scholarly work and independent research-60%
- Quality of proposed research project-30%
- Personal qualities of the applicant-10%
Preference will be given to applicants who have not already held a postdoctoral award or fellowship.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020, click here.
The last date to apply is July 31, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ernest Rutherford Fellowship 2020 for Early Career Researchers [Fully Funded to UK]: Apply by Sept 17.