The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward (WSF) are partnering to support the prestigious Khorana Program for Scholars named in the honor of Dr. Har Gobind Khorana, who won a Nobel Prize in 1968 for his work at the Interface of Chemistry and Biology while a member of the University of Wisconsin-Madison faculty.
The Khorana program will provide an opportunity for Indian students to undertake research at leading US universities over Summer 2019 for a period of 10-12 weeks.
The Khorana Program is envisaged to:
- Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake Research & Development
- Enable students to carry out research at a premier university in the United States
- Transform research into societal benefits build a seamless scientific community between India and the United States
- Candidates currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Biotechnology and allied areas at recognized institutions of higher education in India and completing their degrees in/after May 2020 are eligible to apply.
- Final year/PhD students are NOT eligible to apply.
Areas for Application
- The Khorana Program invites applications in Biotechnology and allied areas
(including agricultural, food, health and biomedical sciences).
- Applications in subject fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
- Health Insurance
- Please register on the IUSSTF Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs.
- Complete the online application and upload scanned copies of latest marksheet,
No-Objection Certificate & Two Letters of Recommendation.
- Supporting documents should be provided strictly according to the check-list
mentioned in the application form.
- Candidates are advised to go through all the program information/instructions
carefully before submitting the application
- Hard copies of the application form/supporting documents ARE NOT required.
- Last Date for Application: Oct 31
For any queries, contact
Ms. Pushpa Iyer