LearnStorm is Khan Academy’s free, global, tech-enabled competition that gives teachers a fun way to help students gain skills, foster growth mindsets, and build teamwork.
LearnStorm has been running successfully in US and other countries since 2015. Launched in India in 2018 and heading into the second edition.
About LearnStorm 2019
- Open to all students from classes 3-12.
- School administrators have to nominate classes that will participate in this challenge. There is no restriction on the number of classes that can participate.
- Classes can participate in any of the multiple subjects available on Khan Academy.
- Nominated classes will compete with each other on completing assignments contributory to their learning goals over 3 months.
- Progress of classes in the competition of the assignments picked by their teacher in line with their learning goals can be tracked through the LearnStorm tracker and a LearnStorm LeaderBoard which will be shared periodically.
How to participate
- Create Teacher accounts on Khan Academy. Ignore, if you already have one! (All participating teachers need to have separate accounts)
- Enroll by going to your teacher dashboard. The LearnStorm enroll banner will be visible to all the teachers on their dashboards from October 1.
- Add your class and upload student details by creating student accounts on Khan Academy. Each student should have a Khan login & password. Without students or classes, you can’t use LearnStorm.
- Choose Khan Academy assignments for your students to work on. There’s so much that your students can learn on Khan Academy! Once you’ve chosen a few items from our library of videos, articles, and practice problems, you have to assign them to your students.
- Think about how you would like to implement LearnStorm in your classroom. When students know what to expect with LearnStorm, they’ll be better prepared and more motivated to learn! You could assign exercises for homework weekly, choose a video as a bellringer, or implement a Khan Academy Friday. The possibilities are endless, and you know what works for your classroom!
- Check LearnStorm tracker regularly to see the levels on your dashboard as students complete the assignment. Once your whole class completes the assignments, they move to the next level. Unlock minimum 6 levels to qualify for our Grand Prize! (Don’t restrict to just 6 levels, keep going keep growing!)
Repeat last 2 steps for 3 months of the competition.
As students progress through LearnStorm, they earn limited-edition digital badges to collect and display on their Khan Academy virtual profiles.
First 500 classrooms (minimum 10 students) to sign up win specially curated LearnStorm Class Kits! Complete all 6 levels to earn special LearnStorm completion certificates for your students.
10 schools will be selected as Keep Going, Keep Growing Award winners and 1 school will be the Grand Winner.
For full details, visit the official website by clicking here.