Call for Papers: Seminar on Gender Inequality in Contemporary India @ Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram [November 21-23]: Submit by October 20
About the Seminar
It will be a three day national seminar on Gender Inequality in Contemporary India: Issues and Challenges. Attaining gender justice is not an easy task in India. From time immemorial, a girl child has been considered as an unwanted entity and a burden that the parents would not mind doing away with.
Discrimination against women begins even before her birth. The gruesome evils of female feoticide and infanticide prove how brutal the world could be to women. Though the Indian constitution provides equal rights and privileges for men and women and makes equal provision to improve the status of women in society, majority of women are still unable to enjoy the rights and opportunities guaranteed to them.
Call for Papers
We cordially invite the academicians, researchers, representatives of the civil society and research scholars to submit their research papers on the sub-themes to be covered in different technical sessions during the national seminar.
- Gender Inequality
- Domestic Violence in India
- Women Empowerment: The Present Position
- Human Rights of Women and its violation
- Female Infanticide in Contemporary India
- Child marriage in Contemporary India
- Dowry system and the Exploitation of Women
Interested participants may submit soft copies of the abstracts and full papers to the Organising Secretary through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration fee: Nil
- Submission of Abstract: October 20, 2017
- Confirmation of abstract selection: October 30, 2017
- Submission of full paper: November 10, 2017
- Conference Dates: November 21-23, 2017
For any queries, feel free to drop email to email@example.com or call on +919447324831.
For details, please view the official brochure given here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)