About the Award:
The Kerala State Young Scientist Awards by the KSCSTE are intended to honor talented young Scientists in recognition of their outstanding contributions in any branch of science and technology coming within the purview of the Council. The research carried out independently in Kerala by young scientists of Indian origin with Ph.D. in any branch of Science& Technology who is working in Kerala for the last three years will be taken into consideration for the award.
Number of Awards:
The number of awards made in each year will be limited to 14. Awards will not be shared.
Any scientist of Indian origin, at the age of 37 years as on Dec 31, 2017, shall be eligible for nomination.
- Candidates may be nominated by Vice-Chancellors of Universities in Kerala, Directors of Research Institutes/ R & D Centres of Industries, Heads of University Departments, Principals of Colleges with approved centres of research, Fellows of the Indian National Science Academy, Indian Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Sciences, India, Indian National Academy of Engineering and Indian Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- Nominations will be valid for 3 years or the eligibility age whichever is earlier. However, a fresh nomination (only once) can be made, if the nominee has not yet crossed the age bar.
- Nominations in the prescribed format along with all supporting documents must reach the Director, KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom P.O., Thiruvananthapuram – 695004 latest by 10th November 2017.
- Nominations which are not complete or received after the due date will not be considered.
Cash Prize and Research Grant
- Each Awardee will be presented with a certificate with a citation and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000/-.
- In addition, in exceptionally meritorious and needy cases, the recipient may be considered by the Council for a research grant of Rs.50 lakhs after due consideration of the research project with the help of an expert committee.
- The Awardee, within 3 years of the receipt of the award, will be considered for a visit abroad for presenting the research work at a conference.
For further details, please visit the link given here