Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) is inviting applications for TWO Junior Research Fellow (JRF) positions to work on the “Optical clock based accurate time stamping in quantum communication” project at its’ Precision & Quantum Measurement lab (PQM-lab). This project is funded by Department of Science and Technology (DST) for three years under their flagship Quantum Enhanced Science and Technology (QuEST) program.
No. of Posts
Qualification & Experience
M. Sc. or M. Tech in Physics / Electronics / Instrumentation / Optical engineering/ other related areas with minimum 60% marks. As per DST’s requirement (Ref. DST OM No – SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated January 30, 2019) the candidate must have CSIR or UGC NET-JRF / NET-LS/ GATE/ INAT/ JEST. Final year students awaiting for results can also apply.
Desirable experience in any of the programming languages like C, C++, Python, Matlab, Mathematica / VHDL/ LabVIEW will be useful.
- The selected JRF candidates will receive a monthly fellowship of Rs. 31,000 + HRA (HRA will be provided only if he/she does not avail IUCAA’s accommodation).
- Depending on performance in first two years, the candidate can be promoted to Senior Research Fellow (SRF) after two years. In case promoted to SRF, the fellowship will be enhanced to Rs. 35,000 + HRA per month.
- The finally offered candidate can start to work immediately after the selection or later depending on pandemic situation / mutually agreeable date. The total tenure of the position is for three years, renewable annually based on performance.
How to Apply?
Applications must include:
- A detailed curriculum vitae mentioning theoretical, experimental, instrumentation or other working experience,
- List of publications
- Statement of purpose and
- One confidential letters of reference sent directly by the persons recommending to email@example.com for full consideration.
In your email application, compile items (i)-(iii) in a single Portable Document Format (PDF), please mention in the subject line ‘JRF application at the PQM-lab’ and send that to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep 30, 2020
Dr. Subhadeep De (email@example.com)
For more details, click the link below.