Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the JRF of Indian Council of Historical Research. The selected fellows will be awarded fellowship of Rs. 17600/- (Rupees seventeen thousand and six hundred only) per month plus contingency grant of Rs. 16500/- (Rupees sixteen thousand and five hundred only) per annum for a period of Two years.
Highlights of the Fellowship:
- The maximum number of Junior Research Fellowships to be awarded for 2019-2020 are eighty (80) only, applying the usual reservation for SC, ST & PwD.
- The Fellowship is a whole-time engagement for research work and cannot be combined with any other whole-time or part-time work.
- The period of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of Two
- Award of JRF will be based on an online Entrance Test and Presentation-cum-Interview. To know the syllabus, click here.
Candidates who have registered in recognized Universities for Ph.D. programme in Historical Studies are eligible to apply for the Fellowship (JRF).
- Last date for online submission: 30.12.2018
- Last date for submitting printouts of applications submitted online: 10.01.2019
- The JRF Stage I online entrance test will be held on: 20.01.2019
- Declaration of Stage I result on the ICHR website: 25.01.2019
- Presentation and Interview (Stage II): 14th-16th Feb. 2019
Award of Fellowship:
Merit will be drawn on the basis of aggregate marks of Stage I and II, that is, 100 + 60 = 160 (total marks).
- The Stage I entrance examination will be held at following centres of ICHR:
- New Delhi
The Stage II (Presentation and Interview) will be conducted at the ICHR, Headquarters, Delhi only.
Application Fee: INR 500.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online.
The applicant should attach self attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience and signed copy of check list etc., and send by post to the following address:
Indian Council of Historical Research
No. 35 Ferozeshah Road
New Delhi – 110001.