Junior Research Fellow (JRF) or Project Positions jobs in India for the month of May 2021 are very much trending. From IIT to IIM, NIT to IISER, each and every prestigious institute in India has numerous openings for the JRF/ SRF/RA positions under the various funded project for the year 2021.
Also, the fellowship amount awarded to the selected candidates is equal to the salary amount of some. Mostly, the JRF posts are for Engineering and Science students, although there are openings for management and Social Science students as well.
Junior Research Fellow (Biological Engineering) Under Gujcost Funded Project at IIT Gandhinagar: Apply by May 15
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) invites applications for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for a research project funded by Gujcost for the year 2021. The last date of application is 15 May 2021.
- Eligibility: MSc/MS/MTech in Biotechnology, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Life Sciences, and Nanotechnology, etc. or allied subject areas from reputed institutes with either GATE or CSIR-UGC-NET or equivalent national level exam qualified.
- Job description: The candidate will be required to set up the experiments for developing physical and chemical biology protocols for developing organic and biological nanoparticles, conjugating multiple biological ligands to programmed DNA nanodevices for interface with cells and tissues
- Duration: Initial appointment is for 1 year, expected to start from 1st June 2021, extendable up to one more year based on performance.
- Deadline for submission of applications is 15th May 2021.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) & Lab Assistant Under DBT Project at Assam Agricultural University: Walk in Interview on May 18
Walk-in-interview for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Lab Assistant for the DBT sponsored project at Assam Agricultural University.
- Project Title: “Phytochemical characterization and nutrient profiling of germplasm diversity of Citrus species existing in North East Region”.
- Educational Qualification: M.Sc. (Agri.) / M.Sc. in Horticulture/Biotechnology/Plant Pathology/Molecular Biology/ Life Science
- Work Experience: Experience of working in a laboratory oriented to such disciplines shall be given preference.
- Salary: Rs. 31,000+8% HRA (for Ist yr and 2nd yr) and Rs. 35,000+8% HRA for the subsequent year. Applicable for candidates with NET, GATE, BET, BINC qualified or any other selections process through National level examinations conducted by Central Govt. and their agencies & institutions.
- Application: The applicants may submit their resume in advance to the Chief Scientist, Citrus Research Station through email ID: raaj.kakoti[at]gmail.com.
Junior Research Fellow Under DST Funded Project at IIT Bhilai: Apply by May 21
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position of ‘Junior Research Fellow (JRF)’ in a DST-funded research project (Indian-Israeli Joint Research Cooperation Programme (IIJRC).
- Project Title: A Halide Perovskite Based Photoanode for Oxygen Evolution Reaction Using a Molecular Diode in a Hybrid Nanometer Scale Protection Layer.
- Eligibility: MSc (Physics/Chemistry/Materials Science/Nanoscience) from a recognized institute/university or statutory body OR equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10); For SC/ST category, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate score (6.0 grade points on a scale of 10).
- Salary: Rs. 31,000/- per month+16% HRA.
- Duration: Initially for 1 year or, co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier.
- Application: Interested candidates must apply on the ‘application form’. Duly completed ‘application form’ along with candidate’s detailed CV must be mailed or emailed to the PI, Dr. Satyajit Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach him by Friday, 21st May 2021.
JRF (Mechanical Engineering) at IIT Hyderabad: Apply by May 23
Applications are invited from candidates with excellent academic credentials for the position of JRF in a sponsored research project on nonlinear mechanics of slender arches in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at IIT Hyderabad.
- Essential criteria for applicants: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from an IIT/NIT OR BE/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from other recognized universities/institutes.
- Duration: Initial appointment will be made for a period of 11 months, and based on performance, the appointment will be extended.
- Application: Please send three PDF files: 1. CV (PDF format), 2. Degree certificate and transcripts/gradesheet (single PDF), and 3. Any published papers/thesis (single PDF) to email@example.com with e-mail subject ‘JRF Pump and Isolators’ on or before 23rd May 2021.
JRF Under DBT Funded Project at BITS Pilani [2 Positions]: Apply by Jun 15
Applications are invited from interested and motivated candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a time bound research project for a temporary period (3 years) purely on contractual basis as per the following details.
- Project Title: Development of a Real Time Crop Advisory System Exploiting Nanotechnology based Nitrogen Sensor with Internet of Farming (IoF) Framework.
- Project Tenure: 3 years
- Eligibility: First class Master’s Degree in any domain related to Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Computer Science/Instrumentation Engineering from a recognized university or in related disciplines + GATE/ NET qualified.
- Application: The candidates should compulsorily fill in their details via this page (candidate should log into his Gmail account and then open this link in a new tab to fill in details) by 15th June, 2021.
- Stipend: Rs. 31,000/- per month (initially first two years) + Rs. 35,000/- per month (after two years till the end of the project).
JRF (Civil Engineering) Under ISRO Funded Project at IIT Indore: Apply by May 16
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for one Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in ISRO funded research project “ Geospatial numerical modeling of debris flow for quantitative landslide risk assessment considering the entrainment” in the Discipline of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Indore.
- Minimum Qualification: Master’s degree in civil engineering: Geotechnical Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering with a valid GATE score or UGC/ CSIR-NET qualification.
- Application: Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV including academic background and work experience to Dr. Neelima Satyam D., Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Indore, via e-mail: neelima.satyam[at]iiti.ac.in with the subject line” Application for JRF position on ISRO” latest by 16 May 2021, Complete information with respect to GATE and /or UGC/CSIR-NET should be mentioned in the CV. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Salary: As per DST norms: Rs.25,000 per month + 16 % HRA (if hostel accommodation is not availed).
JRF (Biotechnology/ Biochemistry) Under MHRD-STARS Funded Project at IISER Kolkata: Apply by May 20
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for a junior research fellow position in the Department of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute for Science Education and Research Kolkata in the project, “Integrating metabolic and protein engineering for the production of sustainable biofuels,” a collaborative project between the labs of Supratim Datta and Rahul Das and funded by the Scheme for Transformational and Advanced Research in Sciences (STARS) by MHRD, Govt of India. Remuneration is per funding agency norms.
- Essential qualification: B.Tech./B.E./MSc in Biotechnology/Biochemistry etc, and qualification in a national level exam and will be as per terms and conditions laid down by MHRD. The ability to develop and implement plans for complex experiments, strong problem-solving skills, and a commitment to excellence in research.
- Duration: Initial appointment will be made for 6 months and upon satisfactory performance extendable on a yearly basis for the duration of the project.
- Application: Applications should contain a detailed CV and brief one-page description of research conducted to date and a one-page statement of purpose detailing the motivation for working in our laboratory. Applications should be sent by email to Supratim Datta at the following email address: hirejrf[at]gmail.com. Applications will remain open until May 20, 2021. Online interviews to be held around the 4th week of May 2021.
JRF/ SRF- Research (Agricultural and Food Engineering) at IIT Kharagpur: Apply by May 23
IIT Kharagpur invites applications for JRF/ SRF- Research (Agricultural and Food Engineering) for the year 2021. The last date of applications is 23 May 2021.
- Title: Understanding the Citrus Tristeza Virus Resistance Mechanisms in Citrus Species and Development of Disease-free Quality Planting Material of Khasi Mandarin (Citrus Reticulata Blanco) from North East India (CCK).
- Eligibility: M.Sc with valid GATE/NET score OR M.Tech. in Agriculture, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany or allied discipline.
- Application: Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Salary: Upto Rs. 31000 (depending upon qualification & experience).
For more JRF positions for May 2021 at various India institutes, keep visiting Noticebard.com.