Junior Research Fellow (JRF) or Project Positions jobs in India for the month of April 2021 are very much trending. From IIT to IIM, NIT to IISER, each and every prestigious institute in India has numerous openings for the JRF/ SRF/RA positions under the various funded project for the year 2021.
Also, the fellowship amount awarded to the selected candidates is equal to the salary amount of some. Mostly, the JRF posts are for Engineering and Science students, although there are openings for management and Social Science students as well.
Project Fellow/ JRF (Physics) Under IUAC Funded Project at MNIT Jaipur: Apply by Apr 16
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for the purely contractual project position as per the details given below for the research project under the Principal Investigator Dr. Rahul Singhal, Department of Physics, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur.
- Title of the Project: SHI induced modifications of metal-carbon nanocomposite thin films
- Eligibility: M.Sc in Physics/ Nanotechnology/ Nano Science/ Materials Science or other related disciplines with minimum 60% marks or CGPA 6.75 (on 10 point scale).
- Duration: 1 year (likely to be extended depending on the performance of the candidate and extension by funding agency).
- Salary: Rs. 14,000 /- per month for candidates without NET/GATE and Rs. 25,000 /- per month for candidates with valid GATE/NET-JRF.
JRF (Mechanical Engg) Under SERB-DST Funded Project at BITS Pilani, Goa Campus: Apply by Apr 20
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at BITS Pilani, K. K. Birla Goa Campus, Goa for a SERB-DST sponsored research project titled “Development of enhanced heat pipes with superhydrophobic and superhydrophilic surfaces and wettability gradients for high density electronics cooling”.
- Eligibility: Candidates must hold a 1st Class M.Tech/M.Sc/MS/ME/B.Tech/B.E in Mechanical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with GATE qualification. Candidates having good knowledge in heat transfer, surface chemistry (wettability alterations) or fluid dynamics will be given preference. Candidates will be required to conduct experiments and computational studies as part of the project work.
- Duration of the project: 3 years
- Fellowship Amount (Rs.): 31000 pm
JRF (Dept of MSME) Under DST-SERB Funded Project at IIT Hyderabad: Apply by Apr 15
A position of JRF is available in the Department of MSME, IIT Hyderabad to work on a DST-SERB sponsored project titled: “Tuning heterogeneous nanostructure via strain-partition engineering for developing cobalt-free cost-effective eutectic high entropy alloys with outstanding strength-ductility synergy”.
- Eligibility: The ideal candidate should be: a) GATE qualified with B.E./B.Tech. in Metallurgical/Mechanical Engineering having CPI more than 8.5 in 10-point scale OR b) M.E./M.Tech. in Metallurgical/ Materials/ Mechanical (only Design or Manufacturing specializations) / Production Engineering.
- Salary: (Rs.31,000+HRA@24%)/month for first two years and (Rs.35,000+HRA@24%) per month (SRF) for the third year.
- Duration: 3 years and extendable up to further two years (subjected to satisfactory performance) supported by IITH.
Junior Research Fellow (Under DST Funded Project) at IIITDM Kancheepuram: Apply by Apr 11
The Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM), Kancheepuram invites online applications for the post of Junior Research Fellow at the institute.
- Eligibility: First-class M.Sc. in Mathematics with valid GATE/ NET qualification.
- To apply online, click here.
Junior Research Fellow Under BRNS Funded Project at IIT Patna: Apply by Apr 20
Applications are invited in the prescribed format only for a research project funded PhD position in the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Patna.
- Name of the temporary research project : Plasma Sprayed Nano-diamond reinforced NiCrBSi Nanocomposite Coatings: Substitute to Electroplated Hard Chromium.
- First class (minimum 65% marks or 7.0 CPI) in M.Tech./ME/MS with GATE/NET qualifications and first class (minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CPI) in B.Tech./BE, 12th and 10th class.
JRF/ Project Staff (Civil Engineering) at NIT Tiruchirappalli: Apply by Apr 15
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Project Staff for the Tata Steel Advanced Materials Research Center (TSAMRC) project titled “Application of Natural Fiber Reinforced Polymers as Alternative to Synthetic Fiber Reinforced Polymers” in the Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli.
- ELigibility: B.E / B. Tech /Civil Engineering and M.E / M.Tech.* Structural Engineering / Environmental Engineering/ Water Resources Engineering. Desirable: Core knowledge in material property testing, solid mechanics and finite element software modelling. Basic knowledge in testing laboratory instrumentation, composites, material characterization and treatment.(* Preferably with GATE score)
- Job description: Laboratory preparation of Fiber Reinforced Polymer followed by testing and evaluation of mechanical and thermal properties. Numerical modelling of tested FRP materials in finite element software and simulation of components. Market analysis of developed FRP and market available Glass FRP. Report generation and documentation.
- Tenure: 1 year, will be extended till the completion of project, based on satisfactory performance.
JRF/ RA Under SERB Funded Project at IISER Mohali: Apply by Apr 20
IISER Mohali invites application for the post of a JRF/RA in a research project funded by the SERB, India for the year 2021. The last date of application submission is 20 April 2021.
- Eligibility: The applicants should hold a 5 yr master degree in Physical/Chemical/Biological Sciences or 4 yr-engineering degree in any discipline. The candidate must have qualified GATE and or NET. A strong knowledge on C/C++, Python, image processing, data-acquisition and GPU programming is essential for the post. It is also essential that the candidates have strong interest in learning some of the state-of-the-art single molecule techniques we routinely perform in lab using AFM and fluorescence microscope.
- Duration: One year and extendable up to 2 more years upon evaluation.
JRF/ SRF (Physics) Under DST Funded Project at NIT Durgapur: Apply by Apr 11
NIT Durgapur invites applications for JRF/ SRF post under DST funded project for the year 2021. The last date of application is 11 April 2021.
- Eligibility: First-class in M. Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/ M.Sc. (Electronics), Qualified in NET/NET(LS)/GATE/JEST or any National level Examinations conducted by MHRD for Ph.D Admission. However, these NET qualifications will have to be relevant to the qualifying degree of the candidate concerned.
- Project Title: “Synthesis of Semiconductor and Metal Nanostructures and the Investigation of Their Role as Active or Passive Scatterer in Random Laser Generation” Funded by Dept. of Science & Biotechnology (DSTB), Govt. of W.B.
- JRF-@ Rs. 16,000/- p.m. + HRA15% and MA Rs.300 allowances as per Govt. norms.
JRF (Chemistry) Under SERB-CRG Funded Project at IGNTU, Amarkantak: Apply by Apr 23
Application are invited from the Indian Nationals for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in the SERB-CRG funded project entitled as “A Novel Approach for the Synthesis of Oxindole bearing a 3-Fluorinated Quaternary Stereogenic Center” under the supervision of undersigned.
- Eligibility: Masters in Chemistry or equivalent subject from a recognized University/Institute with 60% marks and 55% marks for SC/ST category.
- Duration: The position is for three years or till the completion of project whichever is earlier. The offer will be given initially for one year, which can be extended further one/two year based on satisfactory performance.
- Salary: Rs. 31,000/- p.m. (consolidated) initially for two years (JRF) and then Rs. 35000/- (consolidated) for one year as SRF.
For more JRF positions for April 2021 at various India institutes, keep visiting Noticebard.com.
Last updated on 8th April 2021.