Environment Protection Training and Research Institute (EPTRI) was set up in 1992 as an independent registered society by the State Government with assistance from the Government of India. The State also provided bilateral assistance for technical collaboration between EPTRI and the Swedish International Development Co-operation Agency (Sida).
Recruitment to the post of two Junior Research Fellows in Centre for Climate Change, EPTRI in accordance with DST OM No.SR/S9/Z09T201 dated 17.05.2014.
No. of Posts
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science with NET qualification in Climate Change / Climate Science / Climate Policy / Environmental Science with specialization in Climate Change
Graduation Degree in Professional Course with NET qualification or Post Graduate Degree in Professional course with following subjects: Water Resources/Hydrology / Water Management/Climate Policy / Energy
Experience in Climate Change Adaptation & Mitigation The selected candidates need to work on the Department of Science Technology (DST) sanctioned project ‘Strengthening of Climate Change Cell/Centre in Telangana with the following objectives:
- To establish State Climate Change – Knowledge Management Cell with advanced research capabilities to take up Climate Change issues under DST (SCCC-DST).
- To build DATA – BANK and a knowledge repository for storing and retrieving Climate Change information at the state level to be useful to all sectoral line departments, institutes/universities, public etc.
- To establish a network with various stakeholders within the State.
- To develop in detail sector-specific adaptation and mitigation strategies in sectors identified in TSAPCC.
- Assessment of risk and vulnerability due to climate change in the state through academic institutions.
- To develop capacity building for all relevant departments of State Governments/stakeholders, to create awareness on climate change and develop capabilities to handle various issues.
- To conduct training programmes for all concerned Departments to develop a Climate Change Knowledge Portal for assisting decision-makers in framing appropriate policy interventions in the activities of various Government Departments.
- Any other work pertaining to the Climate Change Division from time to time.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants need to fill in the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com on or before 30.06.2020.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail for an interview. No TA/DA will be paid to candidates appearing for the interview.
June 30, 2020
Dr. J. Sesha Srinivas, Sr. Scientist
Phone: 91-40-67567506; 9346675891
For further details click here.