Applications are invited only from Indian nationals for the project position as per the details given below. The Principal investigator of this project is Prof. Kasiviswanathan KS, Department of Water Resources Development and Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- Title of project: Impacts of recent El-Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO) on the Water- FoodEnergy Nexus in South Asia (Project No. SWR-1524-WRC)
- Sponsor of the project: Swedish Research Council
- Duration: 3 years
Qualifications: M.E./M.Tech./MS by research in Water Resources Engineering/ Agriculture Engineering with GATE Qualified.
Emoluments: Rs. 31,000 (for initial two years) per month/ Rs. 35,000 (3rd Year) per month
The overall goal of the project is to advance the current understanding of the impacts of the latest El Niño on the water-food-energy nexus in low and middle-income countries and increase preparedness as well as resilience to future events. Knowledge of Matlab programming, setting up the SWAT hydrological model, dealing with the spatial-temporal climate data are preferable.
Candidates desiring to appear for the interview should submit their applications with the following documents to the office of Principal Investigator through email or by post:
- Application in a plain paper with a detailed CV, including chronological discipline of degree/certificates obtained.
- Experience including research, industrial field, and others.
- Attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate.
The last date for application to be submitted to the office of Principal Investigator is July 25, 2020, by 5 PM.