IIT Dharwad invites online applications for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) post for the year 2020. IIT Dharwad is an Institute of National Importance created by an Act of Parliament in 2016. IIT Dharwad has been steadily establishing its operations in its present campus while at the same time, master plan development and construction of permanent campus infrastructure are also in progress.
The Institute has admitted its fourth batch of students this year. To cater the Institute’s temporary requirement under a project in the Department of Electrical Engineering; IIT Dharwad intends to hold an Online Selection Process for the following temporary position(s).
- Project title: Development of Direct Current Hybrid Circuit Breaker for DC grid applications
- Duration: 6 months
- Essential: MTech or equivalent degree, with first class, in any discipline related to Power Electronics, OR BE/BTech or equivalent degree, with first class in any discipline that has a course related to Power Electronics and Power Systems, along with a valid GATE Score.
- Desirable: Strong orientation towards either power electronics or electric drive systems, Strong knowledge on protection systems, and power electronic converter systems is essential.
- Age limit: Not exceeding 28 years as on the date of selection process.
- Working towards the development of Direct Current Hybrid Circuit Breaker for DC grid applications.
- Developing simulation and experimental test setups to validate the performance of the proposed circuit breaker.
- Administrative activities related to the project.
How to apply?
The applicant may send application form to email on dean.rnd.office[at]iitdh.ac.in and satish[at]iitdh.ac.in on or before 25 July 2020.