IIT Patna (Dept of Mechanical Engg) invites applications for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under SERB funded project for the year 2021. The last date of application submission is 5 Feb 2021.
- Name of the temporary assignment: PhD position funded through project – JRF
- Number of Post: One (01)
- Duration of the Post: Two (02) years initially followed by extension subject to satisfactory performance
- Name of the temporary research project: Development of an Ionic Liquid Based Ultra-High Heat Dissipation Module for Energy Efficient Boiling Systems
- Name of the Sponsoring Agency : Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- For candidates with M.Tech./ME/MS as qualifying degree, first class (minimum 65% marks or 7.0 CPI) in M.Tech./ ME/ MS with GATE/ NET qualifications and first class (minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CPI) in B.Tech./BE, 12th and 10th class.
- For candidates with B. Tech./BE as qualifying degree, 75% marks or 8.0 CPI in B.Tech/BE form institutes other than IITs/ IISc and 7.0 CPI in B.Tech. from IITS and IISc with valid GATE score and first class (minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CPI) in 12th and 10th class.
- The age should not exceed 28 years for a candidate with BE/B.Tech/M.Sc. degree as the highest qualification and 32 years for a candidate with ME/M.Tech/MS degree as the highest qualification.
- Relaxations for SC/ST/OBC/women/PD will be given as per the GoI rules.
Candidates interested in this position and satisfying the qualification criteria should write an email to the project investigator Dr. Rishi Raj, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Patna (Email IDs: rraj[at]iitp.ac.in and rraj.iitp[at]gmail.com). 2. The subject of the email should read as “PhD Position DOA-451”. The last date for receiving this email is 5th February 2021.
- All candidates who apply via email by 5th February 2021 (deadline) and are shortlisted will be informed regarding the further details by 10th February 2021.
- Date of ONLINE Interview: 12th February 2021 (13th February has been kept as the reserve day in case of large number of applications). It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they have a reliable internet connectivity on the date of online interview.
Rs. 31000/- plus 8% HRA for the first two years followed by Rs. 35000/- plus 8% HRA (subject to satisfactory performance)
About the Project
In this project, we propose to develop a high heat dissipation boiling module. Specifically, we propose to demonstrate heat transfer coefficient (HTC) values large than 90 kW/m²-K while ensuring a very high critical heat flux (CHF) value in excess of 1.5 MW/m².
As a reference, these numbers imply a 100% enhancement in HTC and around 50% enhancement in CHF in comparison to the standard case of boiling with water typically used in practical applications. We propose to achieve this metrics via the use of ionic liquids (ILs) as additives in water.
ILs basically are molten salts typically liquid at room temperature. They have a very low vapor pressure, are non-volatile, non-flammable, and stable at higher temperatures. Due to these properties, they have emerged as a potential replacement of surfactants in various applications such as enhanced oil recovery, separation science, and biomedical applications such as drug delivery, among others.
Technicalcharacterizing or showing skill in or specialized knowledge of applied arts and sciencesMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)