Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work at DA-IICT on a DST (Dept of Science and Technology) sponsored research project.
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, is a private Self-financed University/Institute located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It is named after the Gujarati entrepreneur and Reliance group founder Dhirubhai Ambani.
No. of Posts
Title of the Project
Development of geomagnetism based indoor navigation system using smartphones
- M.Tech (Electronics & Communication/ ICT) or Equivalent with 60% marks and with GATE qualification
- Understanding of electro and ferromagnetism principles, smartphone technology, and working of various sensors including accelerometer, gyroscope
- Knowledge of programming in C/C++, Python and Matlab.
- Preferable experience in modeling and data analysis using Matlab or any other platform.
The work will involve developing models of geomagnetic fields inside buildings to understand human movement related patterns. Final deliverable is developing an Indoor localization and navigation system on smartphones using the models.
Period of Appointment
This post is purely temporary for a duration of 2 years. Appointment will be made initially for 1 year and further extendable subject to satisfactory performance. It would, therefore, not confer any right for any candidate for claiming extension or absorption in DA-IICT. However, the selected candidate will be encouraged to apply for the PhD program of DA-IICT as per the available guidelines.
Consolidated salary Rs. 31,000/- p.m. + 24% HRA
How to Apply?
- The interested candidates must send the Curriculum Vitae with complete qualification and experience details latest by August 1st, 2021 through an e-mail to Dr. Kalyan Sasidhar at firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Bhaskar Chaudhury at “email@example.com”
- Please write “Application for JRF position at DA-IICT ” in subject line of the email.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their CV, qualifications and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and the candidates are required to attend at their own expenses, no TA/DA will be provided.
- Tentative date of Interview: Second week of August, 2021
- Expected start date: Immediately after interview completed.
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar.
Note: This is a sponsored post.