Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for One Post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for a period of three years under the DST-SERB sponsored project ‘Parasitic wasps of the families Encyrtidae and Mymaridae (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea) and their utilization in management of sucking insect pests on Agricultural and Horticultural crops of Northeast India’.
The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), founded on 1 July 1916 by the Government of India Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, as premier Indian organisation in zoological research and studies to promote the survey, exploration and research of the fauna in the country.
M. Sc. in Zoology / Life Sciences with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognised university.
Experience in insects collection and Taxonomy of Hymenoptera / Insects, The candidate with working knowledge on Data and Statistical analysis and photographic skills will be preferred.
Fellowship of Rs 31,000/- plus HRA (NET/GATE qualified) for the initial two years and in third year Rs 35,000/- plus HRA will be provided. Fellowship of Rs. 20,000/- plus HRA (Non NET/GATE qualified) for the initial two years and in third year Rs 25,000/- plus HRA will be provided.
Upper age limit is 28 years as on 15th March, 2021. However, the upper age limit may be relaxed up to five years in the case of SC, ST & Women candidates and three years for OBC candidates (as per GoI rules).
Nature of the Post
The position is purely on temporary basis for a period of one year and it may be extended for further period(s) based on further project extension and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates are requested to send their application along with CV, self-attested copies of certificates to Dr. A. Rameshkumar, Scientist-C, Zoological Survey of India, M Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053, West Bengal by E-mail id email@example.com on or before 15th March, 2021.
- Please note that only qualified and suitable candidates will be called for an interview, which will be held virtually.
- Incomplete application forms/applications with misrepresented facts will not be considered.
- Selected candidates for the Virtual Interview will be informed through E-mail. Candidates should carry the duly filled-in application with self-attested true copies of testimonials of qualifications, experience, date of birth etc. along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations. All original documents should be produced at the time of registration.
- The selected candidate needs to join immediately or at a short notice.
- Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right to reject the candidature for any unforeseen reason and his decision is final in the selecting the candidate.
March 15, 2021
Dr. A. Rameshkumar, Scientist-C and Dr. S. I. Kazmi, Scientist-E,
Zoological Survey of India, M Block, New Alipore, Kolkata -700053, West Bengal.
Mobile:- +919035345334 / +917579245223
E-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
For more details, click the link below.