Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at NIT Mizoram.
Identification and Characterization of glioblastoma tumourcell from the single cell RNA-seq data using Machine Learning Approaches
About the Institute
National Institute of Technology (NIT Mizoram) is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India. Located in Aizawl, NIT Mizoram was one of the ten new NITs established by the Ministry of Human Resources Development.
About the Project
The Research Project titled “Identification and Characterization of glioblastoma tumour cell from the single cell RNA-seq data using Machine Learning Approaches”, Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB-DST), Govt. of India, under the supervision of Dr. Ranjita Das, Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology Mizoram.
Duration of the Post
The initial appointment is for a limited period of 1 year from the date of the joining and it may be extended for a further period of 1 year or the completion of the project subjected to the requirement and performance of the individual.
Number of Position
JRF: 01 (ONE)
Rs. 31,000/- + HRA per month as per Institute norms (for first two years) and Rs. 35,000/- + HRA as per Institute norms per month (for third year)
- Essential. M.Tech / M.E. degree in Computer Science and Engg/IT with minimum 60 % marks or 6.5 CGPA with GATE/NET score.
- Research expertise in Computational Biology/Pattern Recognition/Machine Learning/Deep learning/ Data mining related areas.
- Also have knowledge in Python Programming.
- Selected candidate will be appointed initially for a period of one year and is extendable till the completion of the project on performance basis.
- The selection process will be based on the basis of interviews through web-based video conferences over the internet.
- The appointment will be purely on contract basis, the post has been created for the execution of the research project and selected candidates shall not be an employee and should not have any claim of any benefit on that account.
How to Apply?
- The application form is available here.
- Advance copy of application form along with resume and attested photocopies of the relevant certificates/documents from the 10th/HSLC/HSC standard onwards must be sent to Chief Investigator of the project.
- Email to be done to rdas[at]nitmz.ac.in on or before 14th May 2021 (5:00 PM).
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed through email about the online interview procedure. The list of shortlisted candidates will be uploaded to the Institute’s website on 20th May 2021.
- The interview for the shortlisted candidates will be held on 24th May 2021.
Phone: 0389-2391236 / 0389-2391774
For more details, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below:
- Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships 2022-23 by USIEF
- District Development Fellowship 2021 by Government of Punjab