Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow Under DST Funded Project at NIT Jalandhar.
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar, formerly Regional Engineering College Jalandhar, is a public engineering university located in Jalandhar, Punjab, India. It has been declared as an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Human Resoure Development, Govt of India.
About the Post
- Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow.
- No. of Post: 1.
- Project Title: Concentrated Solar Air Heater with Passive Tracking Mechanism and Corrugated Receiver.
- Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following.
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIRUGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- Desirable Qualifications:
- B.Tech/B.E in Mechanical Engineering with valid GATE score and two years of research experience. (OR)
- First class with not less than 60% aggregate (or) not less than 6.5 CGPA on a 10- point scale in BE/B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering and M.Tech/ME in the specializations of Mechanical Engineering (OR)
- Machine Design from a recognized technical institute/university as a full time program through. GATE.
- Desired Skills:
- Knowledge on Design of Machine Elements and Thermal Systems.
- Modeling, simulation and optimization.
- Solid works and animations.
- CFD/MATLAB Programming.
- Ability to write technical research articles, work on team and good communication skills.
32 years as on the last date of submission of application. However, age relaxation will be given for the deserving candidates.
- Fellow ship of Rs. 31,000/- pm for two-year duration. Hostel accommodation may be provided based on availability as per the Institute norms.
- The selected candidate may be registered for Ph.D. at NIT Jalandhar as per the institute norms.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Filled in hard copy of application with the supporting copies of certificates should be sent by post/ courier to the correspondence address given below with a superscription on the envelope containing “Application for the post of Junior Research Fellow (DST)”
- The softcopy with attachments (merged to single file) can be mailed to email@example.com with a subject line of JRF-DST.
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit and need of the project.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by email (apart from website) about the interview date.
- Applicants in employment (private, government or any other organization) are required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) from the employer at the time of the interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing the interview.
Dr. Tangellapalli Srinivas
Principal Investigator, DST Project
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
G.T. Road, Amritsar Bye-Pass, Jalandhar (Punjab), India – 144011
Ph: 0181-2690301 (Extn.3112)