ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for Junior Research Fellow position in Genebank. The position is based at ICRISAT, Patancheru, Hyderabad.
This role is responsible to provide assistance in the activities under the DBT project of ‘Characterization of Chickpea Germplasm Resource to Accelerate Genomics assisted Crop-Improvement’.
- Post Graduate degree in Agriculture and allied sciences as per GOI norms.
- Knowledge on germplasm characterization and crop management of ICRISAT mandate crops, particularly chickpea is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of applicable software and digital tools of data recording and record keeping.
- Fluency in local language Telugu, and English (both written and spoken) preferred.
- Proficiency in English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Expertise in Computer skills (MS-Office, data analysis)
- Data analysis using statistical packages
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
- DUS characterization of chickpea germplasm following standard descriptors
- Evaluation of chickpea germplasm for agronomic and yield potential.
- Assist in crop production activities like planting, weeding, harvesting and post-harvest seed processing.
- Assist in field trials, crop management, supervision of field labors, data collection, analysis and documentation
- Contribute to other research tasks assigned by supervisor as and when required.
Applicants should apply on or before 22 March 2021, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor.
ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Junior Research Fellow Under DBT Project at ICRISAT, Hyderabad.