Applications are invited for the temporary post of “Junior Research Fellow (JRF)” in Indian Institute of Plantation Management Bengaluru under research project of DBT.
The Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Bangalore, India, is India’s apex educational institution set up by the government of India to provide research, training and education in the agricultural sector, a sector that employs almost half of India’s workforce.
Name of the Research Project
Development of vegetative propagation protocol and vacuum freeze dehydrated probiotic powder from Sohiong (Prunusnepalensis) fruit.
Name of the Sponsoring Agency
Tenure of the Project
Tenure of the Assignment
03 years i.e., upto 26th March 2021 to 26th March 2024
The project fellow is expected to carry out literature survey, design and develop methods for marketing strategies, perform experiments and analytical procedures. Report preparation, presentation of project activities forms an integral part of the job.
- Masters degree in Food Science and Technology/Engineering/Agriculture Processing and Business Management or any other relevant master’s degree/specification.
- Minimum of 65% marks or 6.5 CGPA at 10th, 12th , Bachelor and Master level.
Knowledge on microbiological studies/fruit and vegetable processing/ research papers and report writing are desirable.
Bachelor accommodation in the institute hostel may be provided subject to availability or HRA @ 24% will be provided.
Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship
AS per DBT norms (31000 pm for 1st and 2nd year and 35000 pm for 3rd year for the candidates with a valid GATE/NET qualification). If you are not qualified as per the above conditions, you are entitled for Rs. 25000 pm for 1st and 2nd year and 28000 pm for 3rd year.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Candidates will build a Single PDF file; Last date for submission of filled in application is on or before 01.06.2021, 23:59 HRS. The candidates are also required to produce relevant documents mentioned in the application form [such as original of all mark sheets and certificates, research papers(if any), experience certificate (if any) etc.] at the time of interview / joining.
- Selection / Joining will be cancelled in case of any suppression of information / document provided earlier. Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview.
- Candidates will be short listed based on merit and need of the project. Intimation of result will be sent only to the selected candidate on or before 30/06/2021. COVID negative certificate is compulsory before joining the institute.
- Date and Time for Interview (online/offline mode): 3rd June 2021 and Time 03:00 PM.
- Place of Interview: Indian Institute of Plantation and Management Bengaluru, Kengunte Circle, Mallathalli, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560056.
June 1, 2021
Name: Dr. Vivek Kambhampati
Address: Indian Institute of Plantation and Management Bengaluru, Kengunte Circle,
Mallathalli, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560056.
Tel. No. 080-23212752
Mob. No. +91-8122590382
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Junior Research Fellow Under DBT at IIPM, Bengaluru.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- JRF (Electronics and Communication Engineering) Under SERB-DST Funded Project at NIT Jalandhar: Apply by June 4
- Project Assistant (Mobile Application Developer) at IIIT Naya Raipur: Apply by June 12