Applications are invited in the prescribed format only for a research project funded PhD position in the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Patna.
- Name of the temporary assignment: JRF
- Number of Post: One
- Duration of Post: Initially One year extendable upto three years or Completion of project (whichever is earlier) subject to Satisfactory performance
- Name of the temporary research project : Plasma Sprayed Nano-diamond reinforced NiCrBSi Nanocomposite Coatings: Substitute to Electroplated Hard Chromium
- Name of the sponsoring Agency: Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS)
For candidates with Master’s degree level in the following selected disciplines: Metallurgy, Ceramic, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering / Technology, Physics, Applied Physics, Solid State Physics/Technology/Electronic Materials/Materials, Nanotechnology, Materials Science/Engineering, Steel Technology, Process Metallurgy, Welding Engineering, Industrial Metallurgy, Surface Science/Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial and Production Engineering, Foundry and Forge Technology
First class (minimum 65% marks or 7.0 CPI) in M.Tech./ME/MS with GATE/NET qualifications and first class (minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CPI) in B.Tech./BE, 12th and 10th class.
For candidates with B. Tech./BE as qualifying degree in the following selected disciplines (Metallurgy, Ceramic, Mechanical, Chemical Technology, Nanotechnology, Materials Science/Engineering, Physics and Chemistry), 75% marks or 8.0 CPI in B.Tech./BE form institutes other than IITs/IISc and 7.0 CPI in B.Tech. from IITS and IISc with valid GATE score and first class (minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CPI) in 12th and 10th class.
The age should not exceed 28 years for a candidate with BE/B.Tech/M.Sc. degree as the highest qualification and 32 years for a candidate with ME/M.Tech/MS degree as the highest qualification.
Relaxations for SC/ST/OBC/women/PD will be given as per the GoI rules.
Candidates interested in this position and satisfying the qualification criteria should write an email to the project investigator Dr. Anup Kumar Keshri, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Patna (Email IDs: anup[at]iitp.ac.in, anup.kumar.keshri[at]gmail.com).
The subject of the email should read as “JRF Position BRNS-532”. The last date for receiving this email is 20th April 2021.
The email MUST include the scanned/pdf copy of duly filled application form (see below) with applicant’s signature.
The email MUST include self-attested scanned pdf copy of all supporting documents(degree certificates, mark-sheets, GATE scorecard, and category certificate, if applicable).
The application should also include a brief Academic CV not exceeding two page.
- All candidates who apply via email by 20th April 2021 (deadline) and are shortlisted will be informed regarding the further details by 26th April 2021.
- Date of ONLINE Interview: 30th April 2021. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they have reliable internet connectivity on the date of online interview.