Applications are invited from interested candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow/Project Assistant at the Simulation Center for Atomic and Nanoscale MATerials (SCANMAT) Central University of Tamil Nadu for a Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) funded Research Project under the scheme of Core Research Grant (CRG).
Central University of Tamil Nadu is a central university located in Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu. CUTN was established by the Government of India in 2009 under the Central Universities Act, 2009.
Name of the Project
Designing high efficiency thermoelectrics from high entropy half Heusler alloys using defects and disorder engineering
This project will apply new and powerful techniques, to the search for high efficiency thermoelectric materials. This approach will merge computational modelling based on Density Functional Theory (DFT) and related techniques, high-throughput calculations at supercomputing centre, data mining and collaboration with experimental research group.
SERB – Core Research Grant
No. of Posts
- JRF: 01
- Project Assistant: 02
- JRF: M.Sc(Physics , Applied Physics, Materials Science, or relevant area with a minimum of 55% marks [50% for OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates] and CSIR-NET/GATE/JEST)
- Project Assistant: M.Sc (Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or relevant area with minimum of 55% marks [50% for OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates].
- Junior Research Fellow: 31,000/- p.m plus HRA as per the qualifications and CUTN regulations.
- Project Assistant: Rs 15,000/- p.m consolidated
Maximum 28 years and relaxable upto to five years for SC/ST/OBC/WOMEN and Physically handicapped candidates.
How to Apply?
- Candidates fulfilling the above qualifications are encouraged to apply using this link.
- Based on the academic merit, skills, research experience the candidates will be shortlisted for attending the online interview. The date of interview will be informed, through email, only to the shortlisted candidates.
- The qualified candidates may be considered for pursuing their PhD. The decision of the selection committee is final.
July 12, 2021
Prof. P.Ravindran (Principal Investigator)
Head SCANMAT center Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur-610005
Professor in Department of Physics
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 8300178007
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Junior Research Fellow/Project Assistant at Central University of Tamil Nadu (CUTN).
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: