Applications are invited from eligible candidates to work as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) sponsored project at the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, BITS-Pilani, (Pilani campus), Rajasthan.
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani) is a deemed university and Institute of Eminence under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 for higher education and research in India. The institute is backed by the Aditya Birla Group and is one of the first six institutes to be awarded the Institute of Eminence status in 2018.
Artificial Intelligence Enabled Security Provisioning and Vehicular Vision Innovations for Autonomous Vehicles
- This project is aimed at developing security schemes and vehicular vision solutions using machine learning (ML) for autonomous driving. Supervised and unsupervised deep learning, and other ML techniques would be used to identify anomalous cab behaviour & security attacks. These techniques would also be used for image processing to develop robust computer vision systems so as to facilitate autonomous driving in hazy/ rainy environments.
- The JRF would get an opportunity to be supervised by Dr. Vinay Chamola, BITS-Pilani (https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=pL5TogoAAAAJ) and co-supervised by Prof. F Richard Yu (Fellow, IEEE), Carleton University, Canada (https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=zuGMGBoAAAAJ).
- The candidate would work in the BITS IoT Lab (https://bitsiotlab.tech/) and would get an opportunity to work on a state of the art hardware like Nvidia Jeson Nano, Nvidia Xavier, Xilinx PYNQZ2 etc. The JRF will also get a fully-funded opportunity to visit Prof. F. Richard Yu’s Lab at Carleton University, Canada for 3 months during his tenure.
- The candidate’s age must be <= 30 years.
- M.E./M.Tech with at least 60% marks in any domain-related to Electronics/ Computer Science. The candidate must have knowledge of Machine learning.
- Bachelor’s students already graduated in Computer Science/ ECE or related streams & having exceptional credentials may also consider applying (Cut-off: 80% Marks/ CGPA >8). They should have good prior knowledge and hands-on experience of ML. They should be GATE/ NET qualified.
- Bachelor’s students already graduated in Computer Science/ ECE or related streams & having exceptional credentials may also consider applying (Cut-off: 80% Marks/ CGPA >8). They should have good prior knowledge and hands-on experience of ML.
- Good written and spoken English, some experience of technical writing,
- Candidates who are GATE/NET qualified will be given preference.
Rs. 31,000/- per month.
How to Apply?
- Candidates should email their CV to the PI (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Dec 31, 2020 with the subject of the mail as ‘Application for JRF position – SICI Indo-Canada project’.
- They should compulsorily fill in their details at this link.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed through email for the Online interview (Skype/ Google meet).
- Students having their own funding and who wish to work on this project may feel free to contact the PI.
- The selected candidate will be encouraged to join Ph.D. program of BITS-Pilani as per institute rules.
- The position mentioned is temporary and for the period of duration of the project (2 years).
- If the performance of the candidate is found unsatisfactory, the position can be terminated with 1-month notice.
- The interview will be online.
Dec 31, 2020
Project Investigators: Dr. Vinay Chamola, BITS-Pilani (PI)
For more details, click the link below.
Note: This is a sponsored post.