IIT Dhanbad, Jharkhand invites applications for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under a DST-SERB Project.
Assessment of Groundwater Quality and Zonation of Kadiri Watershed in the Drought Prone areas of Anantapur Region.
Dr. Srinivas Pasupuleti, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad, Dhanbad – 826004 (Jharkhand). E-mail: srinivas[at]iitism.ac.in.
One Year or till the end of Project whichever is earlier.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of groundwater resources needs to be done using Remote Sensing and GIS techniques.
- Water Quality analysis of samples needs to be carried out.
- The candidate is expected to do extensive field activities, plan and organize watershed related tasks in the study area which is located in Andhra Pradesh and document research findings under the supervision of the Project Investigator.
- Essential Qualification: B.Tech or B.E. in Civil Engineering or equivalent discipline + M. Tech or M.E. in Water Resources Engineering or equivalent discipline + First class throughout.
- Desirable Qualification: Expertise in Softwares like Arc GIS, ERDAS Imagine, WMS is preferred.
- Experience in Watershed Management activities is desirable.
- Age: The upper age limit is 30 years at the time of appointment.
INR. 25,000/- per month (Consolidated).
How to Apply?
- Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send both Soft and Hard copy of completed applications along with attested copies of mark sheets/certificates along with their CV to the Principal Investigator at srinivas[at]iitism.ac.in.
Dr. Srinivas Pasupuleti,
Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad,
Dhanbad – 826004 (Jharkhand)
- No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview.
June 17, 2019.