Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invites application for JRF position as part of a DST funded project ” CityGML Based 3D Models for Smart Cities in India Using LiDAR Point Cloud. ”
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), situated at Thiruvananthapuram is a Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. IIST functions as an autonomous body under the Department of Space, Government of India.
The idea of such an institute was mooted keeping in mind the need for high quality manpower for the Indian Space Research Organization, one of world’s leading scientific organizations engaged in space research and space applications. The institute is the first of its kind in the country, to offer high quality education at the undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral levels on areas with special focus to space sciences, space technology and space applications.
- Project Title: CityGML Based 3D Models for Smart Cities in India Using LiDAR Point Cloud.
- Qualification: First class ME/M.Tech/MS in Geoinformatics / Remote Sensing/ GIS / Computer Science/ Machine Learning/Information Technology or equivalent areas with a GATE score.
- Desirable: Candidates should have programming experience.
- Salary : Rs. 31,000/- + HRA
- Duration: The tenure of the JRF is for a period of One year or co-terminus with the project whichever is earlier. Extendable on performance and need basis subject to availability of funds.
- Age Limit : 35 Years
- Funding agency: DST
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Application received online only will be considered for processing under any circumstances.
- Facility for online submission of application will be available from 09.10.2020 (1600hrs onwards) to 28.10.2020 (upto 1700hrs).
- A ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned is required in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies.
Oct 28, 2020
For more details, click the link below.