Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow.
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam is a premier research institute dedicated to the development of robust fast reactor technology based on intense multi-disciplinary research.
IGCAR is empowering young, talented and motivated students to contribute to path-breaking discoveries in frontier areas of engineering/scientific research and cutting-edge technologies by offering Junior Research Fellowships in the areas of physical, chemical and engineering sciences.
- Age Limit: The candidate should be less than 28 years of age as on the last date for receipt of application. A relaxation of up to 3 years in case of OBC applicants, 5 years for SC/ ST applicants and 10 years in case of PwD applicants.
- Candidates should have a consistently good academic record and should have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate at graduation and post graduation levels from a recognized University.
- Category A: Masters in Science/ Integrated M. Sc in Physics, Materials Science/ Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, Radiation Physics.
- Category B: M.Tech / M.E in Nuclear Engineering / Nuclear Science & Technology.
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. Engg./B.Sc. [Tech.] Chemical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Materials Technology, and Engineering Physics.
- Category D: Candidates with M.Tech. Admission to M.Tech. should be on the basis of GATE score.
- Suitable candidates under the Category A & B will be selected based on Written Examination and interview. Written Examination will be held on 09/06/2019 (Sunday) at Chennai.
- Candidates from Category A, satisfying any of the following conditions are exempted from written examination:
i. With valid UGC-CSIR-NET Fellowship (SLET/Lecturership is not eligible).
ii. With valid JEST score of 90 percentile and above.
iii. With a valid GATE score after a Master’s degree.
- The selected candidates will be initially taken as Junior Research Fellows (JRF) and will be paid a stipend of Rs. 31,000/- per month. The fellowship will be provided initially for a period of two years.
- On satisfactory performance, the tenure of Fellowship will be further extended and upgraded to Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from the third year onwards with a stipend of Rs.35,000/- per month (consolidated).
- The total period of the fellowship shall in no case exceed five years.
Click here to apply.
May 20, 2019.