Applications are invited for Junior Research Fellow (Earth Sciences) at IIT Kanpur for the year 2021. The last date of application is 1 November.
Applications are invited for the post of a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a project titled “Characterization of groundwater in seismically active regions of Uttarakhand, India: Implications for earthquake-induced variations”. The appointment is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- M.Sc./M.Tech. in Applied Geology/Geology/Geo-exploration/Geological Technology/Earth Sciences/related field.
- Integrated(M.Sc./M.Tech)/BS-MS in Geology/Applied Geology/Geological Technology/Earth Sciences/related field.
- B.E./B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
- Experience of scientific programming languages (e.g., Matlab, R, FORTRAN and Python)
- Working experience with groundwater monitoring equipment and basic software packages.
- Basic knowledge of hydrogeology.
- Experience of hydrogeology fieldwork.
Age limit: 30 years as on June 30, 2021.
1 year initially, extendable further based on performance.
Interested and eligible candidates are kindly requested to send a copy of their CV, scanned documents of essential/desirable qualification and a cover letter (all merged as a single pdf) to the Principal Investigator by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 1st November 2021.
The selected candidate is required to perform a literature review, statistical data analysis, go for field trips to Uttarakhand for water sample collection and basic maintenance of equipment in the field, processing of groundwater level and groundwater quality data, and spatial analysis using GIS software.
Rs. 31,000.00 per month.
Click here to view the official notification of Junior Research Fellow (Earth Sciences) at IIT Kanpur.
You may also be interested in: