Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates with good academic records for temporary positions of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work at DA-IICT on a sponsored project under “National Supercomputing Mission (NSM):R&D HPC_Applications” financed by the Department of Science & Technology (DST, GoI), India.
Title of the Project
Computational investigations of instability driven transport in low temperature magnetized plasma discharges using massively parallel 2D-3V PIC-MCC (Particle in Cell/Monte Carlo Collision) simulations.
No. of Posts
Consolidated salary Rs. 31,000/- p.m. + HRA
- M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics/ Engineering Physics) or M.Tech (Computational Science/ Computer Science / Electrical/ ICT) or Equivalent.
- CSIR-UGC NET/ GATE qualified
- Experience in Scientific Programming with C or FORTRAN.
Desirable Qualification (any two)
- Experience in Numerical Modeling and Simulation. Computational Physics Techniques.
- Good Knowledge of programming in C and data analysis using Python/ Matlab.
- Basic knowledge in Parallel Programming
- Knowledge of plasma science and electromagnetics.
Period of Appointment
Posts are purely temporary for a duration of 2 years. The appointment will be made initially for 1 year and further extendable subject to satisfactory performance. It would, therefore, not confer any right for any candidate for claiming extension or absorption in DA-IICT. However, the selected candidate will be encouraged to apply for the PhD program of DA-IICT as per the available guidelines.
- Understand and perform Particle in Cell/Monte Carlo Collision Simulations.
- JRFs are expected to understand HPC and parallel programming to perform work on the supercomputers at appropriate centers. Work will be performed in association with Scientists from Institute for Plasma Research (www.ipr.res.in).
- Computational Modeling and simulation of plasmas, numerical code development and parallel programming, understanding the physics of plasma transport and instabilities, and data analysis.
How to Apply?
- The interested candidates must send the Curriculum Vitae with complete qualification and experience details latest by May 20, 2021 through an e-mail to Dr. Bhaskar Chaudhury at firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Kalyan Sasidhar at email@example.com and please write “Application for JRF position at DA-IICT” in the subject line of the email.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their CV, qualifications and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and the candidates are required to attend at their own expenses, no TA/DA will be provided. During the interview, the knowledge of candidates will be assessed in the areas of physics, numerical/ computational methods and programming.
- Last date to apply: May 20, 2021
- Tentative date of Interview: May 28/29, 2021 (Online mode)
- Expected start date: June 15, 2021.
For technical information on the project, the candidate may contact the Principal Investigator (PI) of the project at the following address:
- Dr. Bhaskar Chaudhury, Associate Professor, DA-IICT
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, click the link below.
Note: This is a sponsored post.